Which is the best hour to go running during the day?

Options
Hey guys,
I started running on January and I keep on doing it, but my problem is I don't keep the time in the day in which I'm running.
At the beginning I tried at lunch time, but sometimes I had lots of meetings, so I couldn't go and as I'm living in London, winters in here are so dark so you don't hame so much hours during the day with daylight.
I would like to know from your running experience, what do you think is the best time in the day to go running?
Thanks!

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Whenever you are most likely to do it.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    The best time is the time you find free.

Seriously - I squeeze in my training wherever I can. Today it will happen at lunchtime because my morning and afternoon are booked.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Depends on when you have the time and inclination

What if the next 10 people post 4am?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits in your schedule.

Usually though, like during summer, early morning is best because it's the coolest and won't cause me to get too hot. But during the winter I like afternoons better because it's the warmest.

Personal preference + schedule. Whatever works for you.
  • monstermum7
    Options
    I live in Scotland so like you in winter it is dark early. I prefer running at night personally. If I want to fit a long run in during winter I just swith to a morning run. Often though I just run when I can, it doesn't in pact me if I change up the time too much. As long as I get out there I'm fine.
  • sendami
    sendami Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks for the recommendations, just I wanted to know when people feel better on running. So you guys keep changing the times and don't quick, I'll do it as well. I'm really scared about quick of running. Every day it's difficult for me to go and looking for silly excuses.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    As others whenever it suits you. In the winter here it can be Dark until 10 am and dark again at 3 pm. So you just get used to running with a head torch and in the dark. In the summer we don't really have darkness (just a twilight for a couple of hours). So in the summer I love running really early morning and in the winter just whenever. It's basically what fits into your location and preference.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Depends on when you have the time and inclination

What if the next 10 people post 4am?
    4am is actually good for me in the summer ;-)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Good job it's spring now then ...enjoy your running :)
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    You can run at night. Buy a headlamp (torch).
    You can run at lunch. Block off your schedule.
    You can run in the cold. Buy a hat and gloves.
    You can run in the morning. Set an alarm and GET UP when it goes off.
    You can run in the evening. Change clothes when you get home before you turn on the tele.

Bottom line is, there is no bad time to run. Make it a priority and just get it done.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    The best time is the time you find free.

Seriously - I squeeze in my training wherever I can. Today it will happen at lunchtime because my morning and afternoon are booked.

Exactly. It's amazing the time you can find to squeeze it in when you really want to make it happen. I have done some down right silly things to fit my run in.

If you are a person that finds yourself making excuses, you are probably better off trying to get it done in the morning. After a while (especially if you embark on training for a race) the excuses will go away and you will be planning your life's schedule around your running. Trust me.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I live in London too. I like to schedule a day in that complements the rest of my training. My day is always Monday. I am a mum and have a business so if can't do the morning I do it later. If a can't do it that day I pick another day. The best time to run is when you are ready. There is always time, you just have to book it in and stick to it. All the best with it. :)
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I used to enjoy going early in the cool morning ( S Fl.) . Seemed like I had accomplished at least something for the rest of the day.
    But really the best time to run is when you have the time needed and your shoes are handy.
    Enjoy . ((;
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    So, if we definitively said it was the hour between 10:00 am - 11:00am, would that affect when you want/can run?

Just toying with you, but I think you know, run when you can and/or want.