Is anyone as addicted to popcorn as me??

Options
janisvin
janisvin Posts: 72 Member
It is so weird but I need it!!!
Have successfully lost regardless as I've cut out so many other carbs but I feel a primordial draw to the popcorn!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I don't think about carbs but I love me some popcorn. A huge bowl fits into my day so easily. I was splitting it with my boyfriend the other night and he asked "So...when I'm not here, you eat this all..by yourself?" Why yes I do.
  • namarc0
    namarc0 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Mmm...popcorn...
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    My sister eats a whole bag at a time as a meal, and she tracks with MFP as well.

It's a grain, right? So, it's either an awesome tool to help you eat a balanced diet, or it's the devil >:) . It depends who you ask.
  • shewasjustso
    shewasjustso Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend says that my soul is made up of popcorn and mashed potatoes...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I used to eat at least 10 snack packs a day, everyday :open_mouth:
    I love the stuff.... Too much!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Popcorn is my Kryptonite!! Because my body doesn't like it yet I have a compulsion to eat it to excess!! So I avoid the movies, because the smell sets the whole thing in motion! Hubby is also not allowed to make it when I am home!
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I could eat it every day, LOVE it!
  • 00figg
    00figg Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i always seem to be short on calories at the end of the day and popcorn is my go-to. i toss those kernels in the pan then top according to my mood!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If I say there is one food addiction it is popcorn. And I say the word addiction in humor because everyone will clamp down on that word "addiction"..

I have tried 50 different popcorns. My new go to is Skinny Pop Naturally Sweet (ready to eat out of the bag). Nom Nom Nom Nom.

I own this (mine is 8 years old now)... So you know I am serious about my popcorn...

glwg24o5ib3w.jpg
  • gagnon9691
    gagnon9691 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Same here. Popcorn is my go-to when I need an extra 150 or so calories. I do mine air popped in the microwave plain. My microwave is broke now though so it's been a few days for me.
    00figg wrote: »
    i always seem to be short on calories at the end of the day and popcorn is my go-to. i toss those kernels in the pan then top according to my mood!

• bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn! I get ridiculous cravings for it if I go too long without having any!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I don't think about carbs but I love me some popcorn. A huge bowl fits into my day so easily. I was splitting it with my boyfriend the other night and he asked "So...when I'm not here, you eat this all..by yourself?" Why yes I do.

heh- yeahhhhhh me to.
    Well.
    Except BF usually only has a kernal or two- otherwise ALLL MINNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MUAH HA HA H AHA HA HA
  • arditarose
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

heh- yeahhhhhh me to.
    Well.
    Except BF usually only has a kernal or two- otherwise ALLL MINNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MUAH HA HA H AHA HA HA

Bahaha. I ate most of it too. I remember his face when he looked at that bowl and thought of the times I told him over the phone "I'm eating a lot of popcorn"...It clicked. lol.
  • JoRocka
    Options

heh- yeahhhhhh me to.
    Well.

Bahaha. I ate most of it too. I remember his face when he looked at that bowl and thought of the times I told him over the phone "I'm eating a lot of popcorn"...It clicked. lol.

HA HA HA HA HA that's hysterical- I like it when mine tries to make me some for me and I'm like "that's it" and then he sees me make and has the same expression "all of that?!?!?!" LOL

I usually do like 3 tablespoons of kernals? ish- I don't weigh them- but I know it's 2-300 calories worht- it winds up being a lot- how I don't have epic long constitutionals I have no idea- my popcorn consumption is a little absurd. I should take a picture LMAO.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I feel like popcorn justifies my high fat macro % also. ;) he he he
  • arditarose
    Options

heh- yeahhhhhh me to.
    Well.

HA HA HA HA HA that's hysterical- I like it when mine tries to make me some for me and I'm like "that's it" and then he sees me make and has the same expression "all of that?!?!?!" LOL

I usually do like 3 tablespoons of kernals? ish- I don't weigh them- but I know it's 2-300 calories worht- it winds up being a lot- how I don't have epic long constitutionals I have no idea- my popcorn consumption is a little absurd. I should take a picture LMAO.

lolol. Yeah, I have about 300 calories worth and it takes up a huge metal mixing bowl.

By the way, I saw you mention that turkey hill moose tracks ice cream on another thread and have been eating it this week. Not bad.
  • JoRocka
    Options

heh- yeahhhhhh me to.
    Well.

lolol. Yeah, I have about 300 calories worth and it takes up a huge metal mixing bowl.

By the way, I saw you mention that turkey hill moose tracks ice cream on another thread and have been eating it this week. Not bad.

I started putting mine in the giant spaghetti making pot- my metal mixing bowl isn't big enough <shame face>

yeah- it gets the job done- it lacks that smooth creamy quality of other ice creams- but for 120 calories per serving- it totally hits the spot. plus - chucnks of mini peanut butter cups- and that fudge ribbon in there? GIVE IT TO ME BABY

(being said- don't let it freezer burn- that sh1t is THE WORST)
  • arditarose
    Options

heh- yeahhhhhh me to.
    Well.

I started putting mine in the giant spaghetti making pot- my metal mixing bowl isn't big enough <shame face>

yeah- it gets the job done- it lacks that smooth creamy quality of other ice creams- but for 120 calories per serving- it totally hits the spot. plus - chucnks of mini peanut butter cups- and that fudge ribbon in there? GIVE IT TO ME BABY

(being said- don't let it freezer burn- that sh1t is THE WORST)

Yaya. Not as creamy but the chocolate bits are just as good and 120 is a great calorie count. I like.
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    There are much worse things...When you can eat a whole bag of the microwave stuff for less than 200 calories, you're definitely not hurting anything.