New outlook on life

Options
Hello MFP friends. My name is Eileen. I'm 56 years old, mom of three and grandma of three. I've got 50 lbs to loose and trying to increase my exercise. I have fibromyalgia and finding it difficult to get myself going during these recent flares. Looking forward to making new supportive friends.

Replies

• J187
    J187 Posts: 11
    Options
    Awesome Eileen! Knowing the things that hold you back is a huge step toward overcoming them. Sorry about the Fibromyalgia but I'm glad you are working around your obstacles!
  • loveministj
    Options
    Hi Eileen, I'm almost 65 and been walking on and off
    In my 11 acre pasture path I have but not to motivated.
    Went out to Ca to visit and my sister jogs up and down
    This huge Mtn and she asked me to join her. She's in her 40's. I laughed and said no way!

But u know Eileen that's been eating and eating at me.
    So I started jogging/walk till I build up strength. I haven't jogged since I was 20 years old!!! I can do about almost .25-.05 mile the track is a mile around and today I went around twice!!! Walking and jogging!

I feel for u cause it's tough when u get old u have it double hard cause of the fibro. But think of it this way
    Most everyone has something ur cross to bear is the fibro and age, mine is bad hips and age along we staying motivated and not being lazy. Plus, it's hard when u have that extra weight to carry to move people would rather sit bc it's easier than moving.

So Eileen please know that everyone on here including u struggles which for me is a blessing cause I know that everyone has their own monsters to deal with.

It's no easy for sure some easier then others. I feel like s beached whale out there!!! I'm glad the only thing that sees me is the horses and of course the snake I ran into today!!!!

U might try if there Old enough to get ur grand kids to go with u and walk their gr8 motivators.

Plus if u have a health app on ur phone that helps too, I just love this Fitness Pal it goes with my I phone and records all my steps, walking and running. I also have
    Nike Fuel on mine, I guess it's supposed to work with the watch but it works just fine w my Nike app I have on my I phone.

Please feel grt to be my friend I like u need someone to motivate me, it's tough. I wrote my sister and I guess she cld have cared less. I know she's busy but it's hard when u just want someone to say I'm proud of u good job. My husband is ok but it's not the same as someone that's doing the same thing ur doing.

Sorry for this being so long didn't mean to write a book. I'm proud of the fact that dispite ur fibro and age ur out there. It will get better hang in there
  • EileenGurska
    EileenGurska Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you Loneministj. I purchased a fitbit for myself at Christmas and try to challenge myself each day to get my step count up. I joined MFP for support from people like and others. It's been a very long cold snowy winter here in the Northeast. Looking forward to my walks on my local beach soon. I'll be sending a friend request. Thank you for your kind words and acknowledgement that WE CAN DO IT at any age. ☺
  • EileenGurska
    EileenGurska Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :) haven't been exercising lately but staying on track with the diet. It's nice to be encouraged by people here. Thank you.