Opinions please my lovely MFPers...

Options
Ok,
I've lost 23lbs since January which is amazing and I'm really pleased. I'm currently having between 1200-1480 calories a day dependant on how hungry/energetic I am on a given day. Some Saturday's I'm like a sloth who doesn't move so I try to eat less ha ha.

I have a Fitbit Charge HR which I have linked to MFP. Some days I can rack up an extra 300 - 500 calories as I walk everywhere. I don't drive so my legs are my transport. I tend to take my "exercise calories" with a pinch of salt as my body is used to walking everywhere so I just tend to stick to 1480 calories on my more energetic days.

I don't do much exercise other than walking and kettle bells as I'm still 159lbs and really not a massive exercise fan. I find it difficult as I'm only 5ft2 and still porky so just do what I can.

Anyway sorry for waffling on... My question really was am I ok doing what I'm doing at present? I am losing a steady 1lb ish a week and my lean mass seems to be holding firm without decreasing at all. My Fitbit has my daily calorie burn at 1900-2300 daily depending on how active I've been so I'm usually at around a 500-800 deficit depending.

I don't want to do my body damage as I'm really not clued up on stuff yet and I'm reading threads etc but thought I'd ask opinions of long term MFPers.

If you survived to the end of this... I applaud you and thank you mightily ha ha

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me as though what you're doing is working; continue doing it. :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it 'breaks,' then it may be time to try something else.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I know as I lose my last half a stone that I will have to reduce cals and start doing some exercise. Just didn't want to be doing damage by doing this wrong in the meantime. I weigh food and try to input my own recipes where possible too to try to be as accurate as I can with logging.
  • robynmoosehead
    robynmoosehead Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing amazingly. Keep up the good work!
  • JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sounds successful if you're still losing!

I'd add in cardio exercise (slowly is fine) just for heart health reasons personally. I feel giving the old ticker a little workout is a good thing. Like fire drills in case there's a real fire. Get that heart rate up, walk briskly, carry or strap on weights for your next walk, do jumping jacks in the AM. Any little change that will increase heart rate
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Sounds successful if you're still losing!

I'd add in cardio exercise (slowly is fine) just for heart health reasons personally. I feel giving the old ticker a little workout is a good thing. Like fire drills in case there's a real fire. Get that heart rate up, walk briskly, carry or strap on weights for your next walk, do jumping jacks in the AM. Any little change that will increase heart rate

I don't mind throwing some jumping jacks in! Great idea and will get my heart going. Kettlebell workouts give me a good blast but I can only cope with that twice a week ha ha