100lbs to LOSE! Let's get this party started!

Options
Hey! Today is my first day, and I am ready for a life change! I need to lose 100. Would love some advice on what y'all have learned!

Replies

• Lynniebinny76
    Lynniebinny76 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Same here. My first 15 are gone, 85 to go. I don't have much advice but will send a friend request - helped hold me accountable for my calories each day knowing people could see and comment or encourage on my inputs and outputs :) You can do this!!
  • WilloughbyR72
    WilloughbyR72 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the girst of many steps. I am on the same journey but I break my goals down to smaller chuncks, first goal 20#s.
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hey! Today is my first day, and I am ready for a life change! I need to lose 100. Would love some advice on what y'all have learned!

The one thing I learned... PATIENCE. You did not gain it overnight and it wont be gone overnight. Stay persistent and accountable.

And welcome :smiley:

• kennadieAndKJs_mom
    kennadieAndKJs_mom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For me, I would say motivation is key! I have a ton of motivation to lose the weight, so I find it easier. Also, I don't deprive myself of anything at all. If I want cake, I eat it....BUT I keep myself in check by making sure I have a smaller portion than I would have with my old habits. Everything in moderation. Keeping within about 100 cals of my MFP calrories is what I try and do but don't eat exactly 1280 everyday. Sometimes more, sometimes less to keep my body guessing. It's a marathon, not a sprint. If you cheat, you're cheating yeourself and nobody else. Good luck! :)
  • shrinkingshreya
    shrinkingshreya Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Be patient with yourself, love yourself, and be honest with yourself. If you fall of the horse, always remember the next day is a new day to get it right. Best of luck-- you can do it! :D
  • KKJackson91
    KKJackson91 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My first 17 lbs are gone, and I have 100 lbs left to go before I'm at my goal weight:) I like to plan my meals ahead of time and make sure I stick to whatever I log on my MFP "menu." Watch your macros and stay under your calorie goal and you will do well. I also eat about half of my exercise cals back and still lose, but that's all up to you. You're welcome to add me if you'd like. We could all use more support:) I wish you the best of luck dear!
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    First step is being here! That is awesome! I have 100 lbs to lose as well. Down 70 currently with 30 more to go. Preferably 40 more. My suggestion is to have patience. It's going to take awhile. Listen to your body. Push yourself. Push boundries. Make friends who are going to motivate you and support you. Don't let yourself get in your head and think about the end result while making small goals for yourself. Welcome!
  • thatguynick
    thatguynick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress so far, and coming to MFP! I'm currently in the process of losing 250 lbs, and as of today I am 78 down! Lots of water is a good way to help, and log everything as accurately as you can. You may even want to invest in an activity tracker. I didn't get a fancy one, it was only $35 and well worth it.
  • rebeccaschlaht
    rebeccaschlaht Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am down my first 20lbs I have 80 more to go. Its a journey where the road will have ups and downs. Take it 1 day at a time 1 meal at a time if you have to. Its a way of life and be in it for the long haul. Dont hate yourself if you slip and fall. Pick yourself up and move on.
  • melanie899
    melanie899 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the same situation. I want to lose 100+ and I'm down 15. I try to make little goals first..10lbs at a time works for me. If I look too far ahead, I may get discouraged or overwhelmed.

We are in this together!! Keep up the good work! We CAN do it!! :)
  • TeresaLouise2
    Options
    Anyone can add me and email me for recipe and food ideas. My email is teresa.jones2015@outlook.com. I look forward to doing this journey with y'all!
  • Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have 220 lbs to lose. But for this year my goal is 100. So far I've lost 31 lbs. :smile: My diet is not the standard American diet because I have poly-cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) but I've been at 99 days non stop. So I might be helpful? I'm trying to act as a work horse, just keep plowing forward. Lol!
  • khill5555
    khill5555 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am in the same boat....I started on Jan. 4th and am down 29 lbs so far. Even though I know its a journey I have to say patience is my biggest enemy at this point. I want it all gone now. I try and remind myself daily that I didn't get this way overnight. I visit this site often through the day to get motivation from reading posts and replies just like this. I have Friend me if you would like. Good luck on your journey!
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Motivation! Every single day you've got to hype yourself up with whatever you've got. Songs, before and after pictures, motivational sayings, hanging with friends that are motivational, and are wanting the same thing as you.

Once you lose motivation it's a slippery slope. That cheeseburger your husband is eating looks so good! Why yes, I'll have a plate of fries with that cheeseburger. Then it's all downhill, and you've got to claw your way back to motivation. Make an effort everyday to hype yourself. You are worth it! You are worth every second spent getting your head in the game.
  • crystalnichols395
    crystalnichols395 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I needed to lose 122 pound and I have lost 23 so i'm at 99 more to go. Having friends on here to encourage you and help you through your worst days are AMAZING! Add me if you like and we can work on this together.
  • angieslay
    angieslay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looks like there are a lot of us in the same boat! My UGW (ultimate goal weight) is 160. That means I had 96 to lose. I'm on my way. I'm down 18 pounds, and looking forward to more coming off. I've recently been told I have arthritis in my knees, and the only way to keep it from getting worse, GET THE WEIGHT OFF! So here I am, determined to make a lifestyle change. I'm new to MFP, so not sure how we add or request friends, but any positive motivation is always welcome for me. I also set smaller goals... 25 pounds at a time, and will be rewarding myself with prizes (mani-pedi, new shoes, beach weekend, etc).
  • JessicaLu92
    JessicaLu92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I got 98lb to loose! Be nice to get some support :) feel free to add me
  • georgeous66
    georgeous66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm down a bit but goal is 103-108 lbs more! Feel free to add :)
  • Tiffanydalke18
    Tiffanydalke18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am on the same journey and would love travel with you guys. Please feel free to add me. I lost 7 Lbs and have 93 more to go!
  • peranderson
    peranderson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Its all about support and Knowing that one fall doesnt mean its over!!!