Is anyone as addicted to popcorn as me??

Options

Replies

• happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Guess what I had planned for supper tonight? Popcorn and a movie!! We do it weekly.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I don't think about carbs but I love me some popcorn. A huge bowl fits into my day so easily. I was splitting it with my boyfriend the other night and he asked "So...when I'm not here, you eat this all..by yourself?" Why yes I do.

heh- yeahhhhhh me to.
    Well.
    Except BF usually only has a kernal or two- otherwise ALLL MINNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MUAH HA HA H AHA HA HA

Bahaha. I ate most of it too. I remember his face when he looked at that bowl and thought of the times I told him over the phone "I'm eating a lot of popcorn"...It clicked. lol.

HA HA HA HA HA that's hysterical- I like it when mine tries to make me some for me and I'm like "that's it" and then he sees me make and has the same expression "all of that?!?!?!" LOL

I usually do like 3 tablespoons of kernals? ish- I don't weigh them- but I know it's 2-300 calories worht- it winds up being a lot- how I don't have epic long constitutionals I have no idea- my popcorn consumption is a little absurd. I should take a picture LMAO.

lolol. Yeah, I have about 300 calories worth and it takes up a huge metal mixing bowl.

By the way, I saw you mention that turkey hill moose tracks ice cream on another thread and have been eating it this week. Not bad.

I started putting mine in the giant spaghetti making pot- my metal mixing bowl isn't big enough <shame face>

yeah- it gets the job done- it lacks that smooth creamy quality of other ice creams- but for 120 calories per serving- it totally hits the spot. plus - chucnks of mini peanut butter cups- and that fudge ribbon in there? GIVE IT TO ME BABY

(being said- don't let it freezer burn- that sh1t is THE WORST)

Yaya. Not as creamy but the chocolate bits are just as good and 120 is a great calorie count. I like.

now you know my secrets.
  • invermont25
    invermont25 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started buying the skinny pop in the 100 calorie bags instead of the costco size humungous one because it forces portion control...lol. Side note on the ice cream. Edy's (Dreyer's) Slow Churned Ice cream tastes exactly like regular ice cream. Super smooth and creamy and all the bonus of light ice cream :)
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I started buying the skinny pop in the 100 calorie bags instead of the costco size humungous one because it forces portion control...lol. Side note on the ice cream. Edy's (Dreyer's) Slow Churned Ice cream tastes exactly like regular ice cream. Super smooth and creamy and all the bonus of light ice cream :)

All the Edy's slow churned I saw had higher calorie counts? or am I missing something (I love slow churned)

what's the average count on those??

Or maybe I never buy them because they aren't on sale- there is a reason I haven't bought those- can't remember.

yes- slow churned- super nommy.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I don't think about carbs but I love me some popcorn. A huge bowl fits into my day so easily. I was splitting it with my boyfriend the other night and he asked "So...when I'm not here, you eat this all..by yourself?" Why yes I do.

heh- yeahhhhhh me to.
    Well.
    Except BF usually only has a kernal or two- otherwise ALLL MINNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MUAH HA HA H AHA HA HA

Bahaha. I ate most of it too. I remember his face when he looked at that bowl and thought of the times I told him over the phone "I'm eating a lot of popcorn"...It clicked. lol.

HA HA HA HA HA that's hysterical- I like it when mine tries to make me some for me and I'm like "that's it" and then he sees me make and has the same expression "all of that?!?!?!" LOL

I usually do like 3 tablespoons of kernals? ish- I don't weigh them- but I know it's 2-300 calories worht- it winds up being a lot- how I don't have epic long constitutionals I have no idea- my popcorn consumption is a little absurd. I should take a picture LMAO.

lolol. Yeah, I have about 300 calories worth and it takes up a huge metal mixing bowl.

By the way, I saw you mention that turkey hill moose tracks ice cream on another thread and have been eating it this week. Not bad.

I started putting mine in the giant spaghetti making pot- my metal mixing bowl isn't big enough <shame face>

yeah- it gets the job done- it lacks that smooth creamy quality of other ice creams- but for 120 calories per serving- it totally hits the spot. plus - chucnks of mini peanut butter cups- and that fudge ribbon in there? GIVE IT TO ME BABY

Yaya. Not as creamy but the chocolate bits are just as good and 120 is a great calorie count. I like.

now you know my secrets.

Yep. And someone on a thread the other day peeked at my diary and called me out on it because I said that I could hit all my macros in my first 1200 calories of the day and eat 300 calories worth of ice cream if I wanted. Then I had to defend it ha!
  • JoRocka
    Options

heh- yeahhhhhh me to.
    Well.

now you know my secrets.

Yep. And someone on a thread the other day peeked at my diary and called me out on it because I said that I could hit all my macros in my first 1200 calories of the day and eat 300 calories worth of ice cream if I wanted. Then I had to defend it ha!

FFS
    even if you don't hit your macros- so what. not a crisis. I can't even with those type of people.

I just point at my quads and say- why don't you ask Hercules and Athena what they think of your opinion.
  • arditarose
    Options

heh- yeahhhhhh me to.
    Well.

now you know my secrets.

FFS
    even if you don't hit your macros- so what. not a crisis. I can't even with those type of people.

I just point at my quads and say- why don't you ask Hercules and Athena what they think of your opinion.

Bahahaha. Hopefully I can do that someday.
  • JoRocka
    Options

heh- yeahhhhhh me to.
    Well.

now you know my secrets.

FFS

do it now anyway- no reason not to. And/or: just punch them in the throat.

Gods have no patience for such drivel.
  • arditarose
    Options

heh- yeahhhhhh me to.
    Well.

now you know my secrets.

FFS

do it now anyway- no reason not to. And/or: just punch them in the throat.

Gods have no patience for such drivel.

:D
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! I eat popcorn for dinner at least once a week, usually whenever my fiancee has practice - that way I don't have to share! Been having popcorn dinners since I was a little kid. My favorite :smile:
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn so much, I have it tattooed on my leg. I always have multiple varieties laying around, cheddar, caramel, sea salt, sea salt caramel, toasted coconut, kettle corn! It just goes on and on!
  • arditarose
    Options
    scaryg53 wrote: »
    I love popcorn so much, I have it tattooed on my leg. I always have multiple varieties laying around, cheddar, caramel, sea salt, sea salt caramel, toasted coconut, kettle corn! It just goes on and on!

You have popcorn tattooed on your leg? haha
  • Otterlover81
    Otterlover81 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Huge bowl of popcorn(sometimes air popped, sometimes made with oil), with lots of melted butter and salt. My boyfriend and I were doing this almost every night! Added in a movie, had to had some pop with it (root beer of course
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Yes. And yes. Popcorn. Nom.

10g of Skinny Pop Black Pepper mixed with 10g of Skinny Pop White Cheddar. Always. Ok, occasionally I swap in the lightly sweetened Boom Chicka Pop. But still - every. Single. Night.

And that's just my daily maintenance dose that keeps me from going crazy. It's a small bowl, but it's my before-bed TV-watchin' snack. I COULD eat a giant bowl (and sometimes I do break out the big tupperware and eat out of that), but I try to keep it reasonable.

If I'm splurging or I have a few more calories, I'm doing air-popped with a good bit of real melted butter - seasonings include hot sauce, celery salt, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, cinnamon and sugar....I could go on. Or, if I'm going really crazy, proper Chicago popcorn (caramel and cheese mix, baby!), best purchased from Garrett's downtown (the one at O'Hare doesn't cut it, though the one in the Metra station will do in a pinch).
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear I'm not alone!
    Often I'll have a bowl super healthy sautéed kale which leaves plenty of room for my real dinner of popcorn
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    janisvin wrote: »
    Often I'll have a bowl super healthy sautéed kale which leaves plenty of room for my real dinner of popcorn

eeeeewwwwww....

Popcorn and kale.... can't go there.... LOL
  • JoRocka
    Options
    janisvin wrote: »

<nathon fillion> I can't even gif right here.
  • stephalexander22
    stephalexander22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    SO ADDICTED TO POPCORN WITH SPRAY BUTTER!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Not addicted but I eat popcorn pretty regularly.
    Popcorn and cheese are two foods that I would not like to give up.

My dog knows the sound of popcorn popping and comes to the kitchen just as it is finished. He is my popcorn buddy. No one else here likes it as much as us.
  • scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am so glad I am not the only one who LOVES POPCORN......mmmmmmm