Whole30 First timer

Options
Anyone else starting Whole30 for the month of April? I'm not trying to lose weight. Just trying to eat cleaner and cook my own meals.. I think not drinking Coke will be my biggest struggle but I'm looking worward to the challenge.

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    From the website:
    Think of it as a short-term nutritional reset, designed to help you put an end to unhealthy cravings and habits, restore a healthy metabolism, heal your digestive tract, and balance your immune system.

Certain food groups (like sugar, grains, dairy and legumes) could be having a negative impact on your health and fitness without you even realizing it. Are your energy levels inconsistent or non-existent? Do you have aches and pains that can’t be explained by over-use or injury? Are you having a hard time losing weight no matter how hard you try? Do you have some sort of condition (like skin issues, digestive ailments, seasonal allergies or fertility issues) that medication hasn’t helped? These symptoms may be directly related to the foods you eat—even the “healthy” stuff.

Why not just eat what you like and hit your macros?!

This is all a garbage way to say eat a balanced diet.
  • rosiegirl333
    rosiegirl333 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cant I do both? Hit my macros with clean eating?
  • lukne
    lukne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second day of it. So far so good. But from what I read, the next week could be hellish.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I just completed Whole30 for health reasons, I am on day three of reintroducing foods. So far I know that dairy isn't causing me any issues. I really enjoyed it, but definitely went through the stages they describe on the website.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Yeah, but where's the fun in that...?

You don't need to eat "clean" or eliminate certain foods to lose weight. You can drink your coke and still lose weight.

• kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    dieselbyte wrote: »

Yeah, but where's the fun in that...?

You don't need to eat "clean" or eliminate certain foods to lose weight. You can drink your coke and still lose weight.

I will agree with this^^^ I did it for health reasons and really like how I feel, but if I didn't need to I would do it.
  • srfield111
    srfield111 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have done with 3 times. This is my 4th time. I enjoy doing it because sometimes I get off track and this helps me get back on focus. It also helps stop stomach pains with me as well.
  • melmunitich
    melmunitich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ive just started, into day 3. So far so good! Coke if my biggest downfall too!!!! Not looking forward to the 2nd week by the sounds of it hahaha!
  • pope705
    pope705 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You may find more support in this group : http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/102847-primal-paleo-reset-for-2015 They welcome Whole30 followers.
  • runningindigo
    runningindigo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I borrowed the It Starts With Food book from my library. I'm gonna finish reading it and I plan to start on April 19! It seems like it will help with some medical issues I have. Eliminating sugar and grains won't be a problem for me, thank goodness!
  • Neilmickelsen
    Neilmickelsen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did it last year and am doing another round this month. It's a good way to reset after all the holidays and lots of good fruits are in season right now. I'll probably do one every year around this time.