The word "Journey"

Options
ewhsweets
ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
I never make ranting posts like this but just so you all are aware...

Meriam Webster defines a "journey" as below.

1journey

noun jour·ney \ˈjər-nē\

: an act of traveling from one place to another

a going from one place to another usually of some distance <they were hungry and tired after their long journey>
Synonyms expedition, passage, peregrination, travel(s), trek, trip

Related Words commutation, commute, errand, excursion, flight, hop, jaunt, junket, outing, sally, sortie, tour; cruise, sail, voyage; drive, ride, spin; grand tour, odyssey, pilgrimage, progress, quest, safari; hike, slog, tramp, walk, walkabout

Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/journey?show=1

You wouldn't say "my weight loss pilgrimage" would you? So unless your weight loss is transporting you from one side of the gym to the other, it's NOT A JOURNEY! It's a process/experience etc!

Thank you for indulging my vent.

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    k.
  • ginny92802
    ginny92802 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Don't stop believin'.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,324 Member
    Options
    lol. its a journey of the mind, heart and soul...i think that is why people use that word.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Going from fat to thin or unhealthy to healthy is "going from one place to another" (usually distance) and what does it matter what people want to say? I call it my journey and it is. That shouldn't matter to anyone else.

Also, you forgot number 3.

Journey Definition
    dictionary.search.yahoo.com

n. noun

1. The act of traveling from one place to another, especially when involving a considerable distance; a trip.
    2. A distance to be traveled or the time required for a trip. a 2,000-mile journey to the Pacific; the three-day journey home.
    3. A process or course likened to traveling, such as a series of trying experiences; a passage. the journey from addiction to recovery.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Ok
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,541 Member
    Options
    Jesus Christ, not this thread again. OP, learn from this idiot...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/31828526#Comment_31828526
  • Beauty_For_Ashes
    Beauty_For_Ashes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Going from fat to thin or unhealthy to healthy is "going from one place to another" (usually distance) and what does it matter what people want to say? I call it my journey and it is. That shouldn't matter to anyone else.

Also, you forgot number 3.

Journey Definition
    dictionary.search.yahoo.com

n. noun

1. The act of traveling from one place to another, especially when involving a considerable distance; a trip.
    2. A distance to be traveled or the time required for a trip. a 2,000-mile journey to the Pacific; the three-day journey home.
    3. A process or course likened to traveling, such as a series of trying experiences; a passage. the journey from addiction to recovery.

This
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I like it on X Factor when the people give a sob story about "Their Journey" and it's usually accompanied by a Coldplay song in the background to manipulate our emotions.

Contestent: "I'm singing this song for my Nan who we lost that week....She's not dead, she's still in Ikea!' (cue Coldplay song).
  • ewhsweets
    Options
    And like I said...

Thank you for indulging my vent.

Kindly
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    *spongebob nobody cares meme*
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

shut up and squat...
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »

shut up and squat...

My journey dictated that I squat today, so I did.
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I hate when people try to tell me the language I can/can't use on MY JOURNEY.

^^^ thanks for listening to my vent :)
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Jesus Christ, not this thread again. OP, learn from this idiot...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/31828526#Comment_31828526

VOYAGE FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »

shut up and squat...

My journey dictated that I squat today, so I did.

damn...mine just said eat some food and let's try to get laid today...
  • ewhsweets
    Options
    I hate when people try to tell me the language I can/can't use on MY JOURNEY.

^^^ thanks for listening to my vent :)

and 'kindly' at that thank you...

...the only journey I'm making is to the ladies as I've stayed hydrated today. I hope to make it back in one piece and wish you the same amount of luck in your journey to wherever it is that you're 'physically' going.