Nothing after 6 PM

Options
I can eat dinner early, and would like to stop right there for the night….anyone else do this?

Replies

• jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I used to. Need to get back to it for sure.
  • akayek31
    akayek31 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am a late night owl. I never eat breakfast until 1 or 2 pm so my dinner is about 11 or so. I am up 5-6 hrs after that.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I eat 60% of my calories for my afternoon snack, dinner and an evening snack.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Hell no...I'm usually still at the office...if I'm lucky, I'm just getting home or will be home shortly after 6.

There is no magic to not eating after 6...none at all. It simply came about as yet another way/method to restrict calories...that's it...there's nothing more magical than that about it.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Hell no...I'm usually still at the office...if I'm lucky, I'm just getting home or will be home shortly after 6.

There is no magic to not eating after 6...none at all. It simply came about as yet another way/method to restrict calories...that's it...there's nothing more magical than that about it.
    Lies.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    If I stopped eating at 6pm, I would freak out from hunger halfway through my 5am workout. Why would I want to do that?
  • goddessheatherr
    goddessheatherr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    No, I don't eat 2 hours before bed. Otherwise I wake up starving and cant get through a morning jog, I want to come home and eat everything and not my oats.
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I did that for about a week to combat insomnia. (Yes, it helped with my sleep issues.) I think it's entirely up to you. If you like it and it's working for you then go for it.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1/2 of my calories after 6:00 PM (dinner and late night snack). I don't sleep well on an empty stomach.
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    It's all about calories in and calories out. I always make sure I have a very big dinner as close to bedtime as possible so I can sleep. I don't usually get hungry until early the next afternoon which works well with 16/8 fasting. I make sure I do not go over my calories each day and I have had no problem losing weight, 60 pounds in 5 months.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I used to try that but I get out of the office at 6pm. I usually eat dinner around 8pm.
  • jtolman619
    jtolman619 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I can't. I eat dinner with my kids between 5-5:30, so I always need a light snack after they go to bed (usually around 8:00).
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    If it works for you. It still comes down to calories in vs. calories out.
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Mugwump100 wrote: »
    I can eat dinner early, and would like to stop right there for the night….anyone else do this?
    Yea, I do. I try to be finished before 7pm, bedtime at 9:30pm

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have dinner around 6:30-7:00 and a snack at 9:30 (right before bed). If I don't eat right before bed I'll wake up early and want to chew my arm off.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    ..but...bed snacks...
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I go to bed at 7 and don't put a hard cap on eating after 6! Don't judge me by my early bedtime - I'm out of work by 9 a.m.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Are you a mogwai?

522px-Mogwai_mohawk.PNG
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I put a hard cap on eating after 9PM and before 6AM.... I was unable to achieve this until I went LCHF, 12 weeks ago.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    It is 11pm here in the UK and I am about to tuck into a bowl of melon chunks and yoghurt. I have accounted for it in my days calories so doesn't matter when I eat it.