Options
    (thanks @shanaber )
    RunTimer wrote: »
    c45bf3027cad941.gif

6 Mar - 8.2
  • peeanoe
    peeanoe Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Monday I attempted to break 4 miles for the first time and was completely unsuccessful. I couldn't breathe from the very start of my run and just felt terrible. I made 1.39 (making my april total 7.3) and keep telling myself running at all is good and it's not a failure, but I keep kicking myself. Oh well, I'll do better next time.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    peeanoe wrote: »
    Monday I attempted to break 4 miles for the first time and was completely unsuccessful. I couldn't breathe from the very start of my run and just felt terrible. I made 1.39 (making my april total 7.3) and keep telling myself running at all is good and it's not a failure, but I keep kicking myself. Oh well, I'll do better next time.

The awesome thing about a crappy run (and we all have them) is that the next great run will make you feel like a million bucks. Consider it mental toughness training, and drive on. You're doing great!
  • 4leighbee
    edited April 2015
    Options

exercise.png

changed my ticker; too much time on my hands, clearly
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    4k7z3hhwj5zr.jpg

Right! Yesterday on a trail run a walking couple let their leashed barking snapping dog so close to me I had to jump out of the way. Geez..
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    4k7z3hhwj5zr.jpg

Right! Yesterday on a trail run a walking couple let their leashed barking snapping dog so close to me I had to jump out of the way. Geez..

My dog story: I was grazed by a scared dog walking off-lead with his owner, a kindly grandmother visiting for the Christmas break. (He was scared because I was dressed all in black with black sunglasses and a black hat ... it was cold. We were approaching each other.) He broke the skin, but I didn't react quickly enough to get her number, etc. She was dismissive of it, and frankly I was, too. Then, I thought of rabies - no way to find the owner ... I could take a chance, but if I'm wrong, I die. So, $1,500 later for (probably) unnecessary rabies shots, I am vaccinated. Moral: always ask for contact information so you can verify they've had their shots. Ugh.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options

exercise.png

4/1--4.51 miles(treadmill)
    4/2--strength training
    4/3--3.25miles(treadmill)
    4/4--6.04 miles outside
    4/5--rest day
    4/6--3.09 miles(treadmill)
    4/7--strength training
    4/8--4.3 miles outside
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    4k7z3hhwj5zr.jpg
    Oh, this is how I felt today! Running is my therapy. I had to tell the person, "I'm disconnecting right now to go run and find Tracy." This shirt would have expressed my feelings so much better.

• Pandora_and_her_box
    Pandora_and_her_box Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »

The awesome thing about a crappy run (and we all have them) is that the next great run will make you feel like a million bucks. Consider it mental toughness training, and drive on. You're doing great!

So true! We all have those horrible runs that are just miserable from start to finish, but luckily that'a not the norm. You went out there and did what you could do - don't beat yourself up!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Bad runs make strong runners!! B)
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Did a hot, humid, mid-day 8 miler today. 84 degrees, 60% humidity, and blazing sun. Glad I'm returning north next week as the baseball season is starting up.

4/1 - 8 miles
    4/2 - 5 miles
    4/4 - 8 miles
    4/5 - 20 miles
    4/7 - 5 miles
    4/8 - 8 miles

Total: 54 miles
    Goal: 145 miles
    Remaining: 91 miles
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    75 miles again for me, but this time I'm only counting the miles I run. Walking miles are just a bonus.

exercise.png
    4/1 - 3 miles - total: 3 miles
    4/3 - 4 miles - total: 7 miles
    4/6 - 7.5 miles - total 14.5 miles
    4/7 - 7 miles - total 21.5 miles
    4/8 - 6.2 miles - total 27.7 miles

• skinnyby31
    skinnyby31 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

I hate that! I run with my dog and she's always on a lead beside me and when we were running this evening a dog off his lead tried to launch at her and bite her and the owner was so dismissive. The dog actually came at her again and this time I lost my cool and yelled at the owner to take him away from my dog. It annoys me so much when my friendly dog is on the lead and another dog that tries to attack her is free to run wild.

exercise.png

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    4/1: 5 miles
    4/2: 7 miles
    4/3: 4.2 miles
    4/4: REST!
    4/5: 18 miles
    4/6: 4 miles
    4/7: XT rowing and biking
    4/8: 5 miles

Current total: 43.2 miles

exercise.png
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    April Goal 60 miles

4/1: unplanned and unwelcome rest
    4/2: planned rest
    4/3: 3.43
    4/4: 4.44 (no, I didn't plan that.....)
    4/5: work and church and company for dinner...oh my
    4/6: 4.15
    4/7 snorkel 2.5 hrs: at Kapoho Tidepools I swam with this school of ringtail surgeonfish/parrotfish and convict tang
    74hacd94txrq.jpg

4/8 3.20

Total 15.22
    (Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date)

exercise.png

• bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Great motivation for my first 5k May 2nd (first that I hope to actually run and not walk anyway). I'm a newbie and just finished the C25k program the first week in March. Gonna try to log 35 running miles in April. The term 'running' is questionable for me ... more like 'jogging' ... but I'll keep trying to get faster.

4/3: 3.88 mi
    4/4: 3.57 mi
    4/5: 3.72 mi
    4/7: 3.81 mi

Current Total: 14.98 miles
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    1 - 12mi, intervals
    2 - 6mi, easy
    3 - 8mi, easy w/strides
    4 - 10mi, easy