How do you record C25K in the exercise portion of MFP?

OKmac3
OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
I started the C25K yesterday and I can say that I am already seeing a change in myself after completeing the first workout, I can not wait until my next workout. The question that remains is, how do I record the C25K in the MFP journal when it is not listed? Also, for those doing C25K, what do you do on the off days?

Thanks for your input

Replies

• fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    When I do it, I record however many minutes of walking, and however many minutes of jogging seperately.
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    C25K made a huge difference for me, so it's awesome that you are doing it! I logged the minutes I ran and then the minutes I walked. On my off days I took a Zumba class, used an Arc Trainer, stair stepper, or even walked on an incline. If you do not go to the gym, I would suggest either exercise videos or even walking for an hour or so. Good luck!
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    I do classes on my non run days, sometimes I do classes on my run days just depends how the week pans out!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    I added an exercise called "Treadmill, c25k (HRM)"...use my HRM and logged it as one activity
  • kellykaye_xo
    kellykaye_xo Posts: 66 Member
    I added "Couch 2 5K" exercise in my log and I use my calories burned from my HRM.
  • pearlof69
    pearlof69 Posts: 80 Member
    I started the C25K yesterday and I can say that I am already seeing a change in myself after completeing the first workout, I can not wait until my next workout. The question that remains is, how do I record the C25K in the MFP journal when it is not listed? Also, for those doing C25K, what do you do on the off days?

Thanks for your input

On my off days, I walk 13 miles per day instead but part of me now wants to jog a bit. I am really enjoying it and that I never thought I would say.
  • Bethy25
    Bethy25 Posts: 73
    I add up the number of minutes of each. For example, I am on week three of the C25k so have a 5 min warm up walk, two 90 second runs two 3 min runs, a two 90 second recovery walks and two 3 minute recovery walks. So I log 14 minutes of walking brisk pace and 9minutes of running.

I garden/mow lawn and take my daughter for walks in her stroller on my off days.
  • pearlof69
    pearlof69 Posts: 80 Member
    When I do it, I record however many minutes of walking, and however many minutes of jogging seperately.

That is exactly how I have been recording it too.
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member

I do this. On non run days - once a week I go to the gym and walk fast on a steep incline for about 45 mins - then have a swim. I do a bit of Just Dance 2 on the wii but that about fills any available time.
  • SarahSway
    SarahSway Posts: 85 Member
    I record it by the # of calories my treadmill says and just list it under "treadmill."

On my days off I'll walk on my treadmill (with an incline) or do a video like 30 Day Shred. Now that the weather is nicer I plan to go for longer walks outside or bike rides.
  • CoachsWife4
    CoachsWife4 Posts: 79 Member
    C25K was my number one reason for getting a Heart Rate Monitor because you're burning more than what it says by totalling up your walking time and your running time because your heart rate is staying up during all of that.

I have been repeating days, instead of just doing 3 nights of one week, doing 4 or 5, before I moved on to the next week. That really helped me transition from week to week; however, I have not allowed myself enough recovery time so I am now on Week 5 and only doing 4 nights of this week (going to repeat the 20 minute run) before moving on.
This discussion has been closed.