Healthy lunch and breakfast ideas

Options
My name's Connie and I honestly don't know what a healthy breakfast or lunch is because I usually don't eat them. Has anybody got any tasty healthy recipes that I can just throw together? My ingredients are limited because my lack of money.

Thanks x

Replies

• jhall260
    jhall260 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    For breakfast: Eggs, omelets with veggies, or scrambled with veggies, turkey bacon (real bacon if calories allow!), cottage cheese with fruit, oatmeal with a bit of brown sugar and fruit, or what I had this morning some cereal with milk, yogurt and a scoop of protein powder all mixed together - awesome!.

Lunch: Sandwich - weigh everything out with sliced veggies and some fruit. I also tend to make soups or stews on weekends so I freeze them and bring those to work.

• connieculmer235
    Options
    So many ideas! Thank you!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary.
  • tlynnxoxox
    Options
    One of my favorite things for lunch is taco salad using Trader Joe's taco seasoning. I cook the meat at the beginning of the week and I weigh everything out and it comes out to around 320 cals and it's super filling I also sub sour cream for Greek yogurt. I'm so picky and I actually love it! I also do shrimp and gluten free pasta (tinkyada brand specifically) with a bit of butter and lemon. Also grilled chicken over a sweet potato or even healthy nachos which I do shredded chicken, blue corn chips, tons of tomatoes and avocados and a tiny bit of Greek yogurt instead of sour cream! I suck at breakfast too and I hate eggs but usually I eat Cutie's mandarin oranges, watermelon, cottage cheese, toast with Justin's vanilla almond butter. Hope that helps!!
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I think, for breakfast 3 whole eggs, green tea and fruits(orange, apple, strawberries etc). In lunch a big Salad ,Broccoli, brussel sprouts, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, peas, onion, half an avocado and meat of your choice.
  • kpkitten
    kpkitten Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    natural yogurt, fruit and granola - sometimes mix in fromage frais for higher protein content and less fat
    overnight oats - oats in milk/yogurt/both, fruit/cocoa powder and sweetener - no effort in the morning
    scrambled eggs and bacon or smoked salmon - just as fast as yogurt and fruit by the time I'd weighed everything!
    homemade muffins - smaller portion but more satisfying when I can be bothered to cook them beforehand

Lunch:
    I'm a big salad fan, because I can do 2-3 meals from only cooking once
    smoked mackerel, potato and egg salad - YUM but it smells!
    wholewheat pasta, sweet potato, chicken, bacon, onion and stilton - can be eaten hot or cold
    crispbreads and salmon/pate/cottage cheese
    nice bread and soup - but this never fills me up :(
    smoked salmon - slices or flakes - rocket/babyleaf salad, pomegranate seeds, orange slices - tastes so good and really quick and easy!
  • connieculmer235
    Options
    They all sound gorgeous! I will definitely have to make some of these when I have the time x