Binge eating tips?

Options
Any tips on how to stop myself from binge eating? I am trying to eat in.moderation but i keep letting myself binge and mess everything up:/

Replies

• namarc0
    namarc0 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Measure out a single serving and put the rest away. Out of sight will help put it out of mind. Then slowly eat that single serve portion. Break whatever it is into smaller pieces and drink lots of water before and after eating. Chew gum or brush your teeth after eating. Or take a walk or do some other activity not conducive to eating. Also, sparking water (without sweeteners) helps me deter snacking urges.
    Good luck!
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating enough on a daily basis, and that you eat back exercise calories. If it helps, moderate some of whatever snack it is you crave into your daily allowance. It goes a long way with mentality.
  • scott77_
    scott77_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have found reading the book "Mindless Eating" has really helped. Try it!
  • copermen1
    copermen1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I found I broke down and binged once so far in 5.5 weeks.. I really think its a mind over matter issue along with changing your life long habbits (well at least mine).. I started eating every two waking hours and have solved most of my overeating habbits... when I started this it was hard to eat that much.. however now I am on the clock... at two hours I am raving hungry :).. but quite content with my serving of whatever I planned out for the day... I am not on a diet, I am on a portion control campaign. I think that has helped with th ing eating also. I have chosen to remove ice cream, sweet tea, candy bars (very ocasional mini one for treat), and very limited coke (soda) too. I eat everything else to a controlled serving. I eat my fav steaks, fatty restaraunt foods etc just a little wiser and a whole lot smaller portion.. who knew chili colorado from your fav mexican place could last three meals. Make sure you are eating health y well rounded meals and the rest will come to you.. above all when you go on a binge and fail to stop yourself, binge over healthy... keep plenty of celery, radishes, caroots etc around and make sure they are not "prepared". Having to slow down and go through the motions of cleaning them and cutting them up will also slow you down and burn time so you can slow down urge to eat fast. Good luck