Big move, big changes!

Options
Chelsieberninger
Chelsieberninger Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone, I'm not new to the fitness pal app but I haven't been on in awhile so in away I am a newbie again.
I recently moved from Michigan to northern Virginia. It's the biggest move I've ever made in my life. I just got married in Oct to the greatest man in the world.
4 years ago I lost my mom in a shocking and unexpected way. I was devastated. She was my best friend and my safe place. I went to her for everything and felt lost with out her. My mind was on auto pilot for a few months after her passing. I couldn't focus on anything so my body took one step at a time for me in order to keep going. After the haze began to lift I turned to food. It got so bad that whenever I cried I had the intense craving to eat.
4 years later im here, 70lbs heavier then I was the day my mom was killed by a drunk driver. I know she wouldn't want this for me and I don't want to live like this anymore. So, I'm breaking my cycle. I know it's hard but I want to do it for myself and for her. I wanna do it for my husband a little bit too but he loves me the way I am, but I want to be healthy for him and our future family.
So with that said, it's nice to meet you, hope we can help each other out on this journey. ☺️❤️

-Chelsie

Replies

• Deletrius
    Deletrius Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey Chelsie, I'm sorry to hear about your mother. Welcome back on the wagon to a healthy lifestyle, and I'm sure your mom would be proud that you took the first step! :) I would love to join you on your journey, I just started back on here after a long hiatus myself! Feel free to add me!
  • Chelsieberninger
    Options
    Thank you! You seem like a sweet heart, friend request coming your way. Lol.
  • Deletrius
    Deletrius Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Huzzah! B)
  • memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Good morning Chelsie, I am so sorry you lost your mom and especially in such a tragic way. I cannot even imagine having to go through that. {{{{{hugs}}}}} Welcome to Virginia :) I'm actually not too far from you, I live in Fredericksburg, but I have been here all my life :)
  • Chelsieberninger
    Options
    Thank you, it means a lot. ❤️
    I'm still learning the area but I think I have an idea where fredricksburg is. This is a very beautiful area to live. I can't wait to get out and explore some more.
  • Aaron949
    Aaron949 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Virginia boy here also. I'm sorry about your mom, but we are glad you are back and ready to do this.