does anyone had a hard time losing the weight after Mirena?

Options
It's been 7 months since I finally got it out but I got only 90% of me back.
I got my mood, my energy, my sex drive but I can't lose the almost 40kilos that 5 years of Mirena gave me.
I eat right 5 or 6 days a week, I walk usually 5~10km a day and sometimes that + going to the gym and the only thing I got weight wise after I took the Mirena out was: I stopped gaining weight.
That's it. I have not even 100grams more.
But no matter what I do, I can't pull it of.
=(

Replies

• fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food and eating at a calorie deficit?
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    It can take a long time for the hormones in the mirena to fully leave your body (and if you switched to another hormonal form of bc, it may do the same thing). I gained a bunch of weight on the mirena, lost a bunch over a time frame of 6 months after i was off all bc, then got put on depo and gained it all back. Quit the depo 7 or 8 months ago and switched to a pill and am now losing weight again....

Track all your food (weigh it if you can), exercise, get a calorie deficit going, and eventually it will come off. Sometimes takes figuring out exactly what works for you.
  • fuzzymop55
    fuzzymop55 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Nope, I was able to lose 80lbs with mine in. I just needed to stop drinking my calories and eating all the things.
  • galooshka28
    galooshka28 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    marcelafae wrote: »
    It's been 7 months since I finally got it out but I got only 90% of me back.
    I got my mood, my energy, my sex drive but I can't lose the almost 40kilos that 5 years of Mirena gave me.
    I eat right 5 or 6 days a week, I walk usually 5~10km a day and sometimes that + going to the gym and the only thing I got weight wise after I took the Mirena out was: I stopped gaining weight.
    That's it. I have not even 100grams more.
    But no matter what I do, I can't pull it of.
    =(

I am the same. No matter what I do i still have the weight +15 kilos after mirena removal over a year ago and I feel depressed. Also mirena messed up my cycles which isn't normal I hope that my body will readjust itself sometime soon.
  • CathReese33
    CathReese33 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    The only way I can lose with the mire a is to cut out ALL processed carbs. Had it taken out for 2 years and made no difference until I adjusted what I was eating. All health ailments disappeared for me too eating a whole food diet. X
  • Charlot4444
    Charlot4444 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Nope mine is still in. Lost weight before it and continue to do so.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Nope mine is still in. Lost weight before it and continue to do so.

x2

Ladies Mirena does not cause weight gain...it can however cause an increase in appetite.

To lose weight eat at a deficit and to do that you need to know how much you are eating and guessing won't cut it. Get a food scale, weigh your solids measure your liquids and log it accurately and consistently...if you do that you will lose weight...

and no you don't have to cut out certain food groups or starve yourself.

the hormones in Mirena are not coursing through your body they are in your uterus where they belong...now that being said you can see an influx in water weight over the course of the mirena (4-5 years) but it's no more than 10lbs based on the clinical trials.