Metabolism

Options
Danii6299
Danii6299 Posts: 4
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok hello! So basically, I'm physically recovered from anorexia with a height of around 164cm and now a weight of 53.5kg(this morning) and 18years old. My problem is that towards the end of my recovery, I stupidly decided to try and lose some weight but I never did and I've been left with a metabolism that makes me gain on 1200calories! I don't want to gain because my body already revolts me.
I'm going to Spain in the summer for 2 weeks to stay with a friend where i'll be eating like 1800calories which is 1000 over my normal daily routine! I don't want to come back weighing 60kg because it'll push me into a relapse!
So my questions is how can i increase my maintenance amount from 800 to 1800 without gaining any weight? Thank you:(

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You have not recovered, please talk to a dr.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Totally not recovered. And you are so young..this is a shame.. but again you are young, you will recover when you choose to..

If you think maintenance is 800 you are still very sick. You should stay home, skip the Cali trip and get some professional help...

editied to add: metabolism issues at 18? get help now..
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    You are not recovered at all. You need to go see your therapist/doctor. Your body should not "revolt" you, especially at that low weight.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Yep, also saying not recovered. You need to seek the help of a doctor, therapist and dietician. They will be able to guide you on repairing both your mind and your body.
  • Danii6299
    Options
    No, i am PHYSICALLY recovered! I am a healthy weight with periods etc, i am asking HOW to help with my metabolism?
  • misskarne
    Options
    You are NOT recovered. Anorexia is not just a physical illness. Physically you are recovered. MENTALLY YOU ARE NOT.
  • RoxieDawn
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Danii6299 wrote: »
    No, i am PHYSICALLY recovered! I am a healthy weight with periods etc, i am asking HOW to help with my metabolism?

WE CAN'T HELP... YOU DO NOT HAVE METABOLSIM ISSUES AT 18. You have a serious case of still being very sick with your eating disorder.

And note, this is a disorder that must be managed with the help of a therapist, medical doctor and maybe even a dietician or nutritionist to get involved. THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED, not strangers in cyber space.

And just so you no, I read carefully through your question. I could tell that you had a very young 18 year old brain, because you are not quite aware of how to word things at your age that makes anyone believe you are in recovery or recovered or doing anything correct as it relates to your own health.

MFP community will not give advice to help you maintain weight at 800 calories. We do not promote anorexia or any other eating disorder, so there will be the same posts that state:

You are not in recovery, and you need to get help..
  • Danii6299
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »

WE CAN'T HELP... YOU DO NOT HAVE METABOLSIM ISSUES AT 18. You have a serious case of still being very sick with your eating disorder.

And note, this is a disorder that must be managed with the help of a therapist, medical doctor and maybe even a dietician or nutritionist to get involved. THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED, not strangers in cyber space.

And just so you no, I read carefully through your question. I could tell that you had a very young 18 year old brain, because you are not quite aware of how to word things at your age that makes anyone believe you are in recovery or recovered or doing anything correct as it relates to your own health.

MFP community will not give advice to help you maintain weight at 800 calories. We do not promote anorexia or any other eating disorder, so there will be the same posts that state:

--
    Dont tell me I'm not in recovery. I have been for over a year now and have gained 15kg. BUT I went over my target weight and restricted and now I maintain on 800! I'm just asking how to help myself.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    If you maintain at 800 it doesn't sound like you're recovered to me. I agree with seeing a doctor.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You may consider yourself physically recovered, but it doesn't sound like you are mentally/emotionally. Speak to your doctors.
  • RoxieDawn
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sounds like a "hangary" girl that yells back

--
    Dont tell me I'm not in recovery. I have been for over a year now and have gained 15kg. BUT I went over my target weight and restricted and now I maintain on 800! I'm just asking how to help myself.

Sounds like a "hangary" girl that yells back..

Once upon a time, in a land far far away, I knew someone just like you! This is a true statement and will not give details..

But I will say, and you can yell all you want... You are not recovered, you are not in recovery and you need to get help before this disorder destroys you and your health.

How to get help: reach out to your parents, reach out to your health department, call someone and speak to a person in real time, and have a conversation because MFP community cannot help with this...
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

I am afraid that the only way to normalize your metabolism is to eat more.

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    So my questions is how can i increase my maintenance amount from 800 to 1800 without gaining any weight? Thank you:(

Slowly. You need to add say 200 cals a day and stick at that for a few weeks, stay away from the scale, and see how it looks at the end.

Depressed metabolic rate in anorexics is a thing, progressive refeeding is what I remember being used to address it but Google will know.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Danii, we're not saying this to be mean. You may be physically recovered but you've clearly still got some major body issues going on. Given your history, a doctor and a dietician are the best ones to advise you on repairing your metabolism.
  • gypsychic33
    gypsychic33 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Slowly eat more calories. Just one or two more bites of whatever you have or an extra snack. Do not worry if you gain a few pounds, you will shed it once you get your body back on track.

We are here for you!
  • misskarne
    Options

--

You are NOT in recovery if you think your body is revolting and are afraid of gaining any weight. You NEED to see your doctor and therapist because your thinking is DANGEROUS.
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Danii, we're not saying this to be mean. You may be physically recovered but you've clearly still got some major body issues going on. Given your history, a doctor and a dietician are the best ones to advise you on repairing your metabolism.

I second Nony_Mouse here, better to work with a professional than with dr.Google

• Danii6299
    Options
    thanks guys I'm just gonna increase to 2000:)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I do agree, hon. If you're revolted by your body and scared to gain, you're not recovered, you're just in a holding pattern. Recovery is reached when you accept and respect your body.
  • gypsychic33
    gypsychic33 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Slowly eat more calories. Just one or two more bites of whatever you have or an extra snack. Do not worry if you gain a few pounds, you will shed it once you get your body back on track.

We are here for you!