Options
Janet_Rod
Janet_Rod Posts: 9 Member
Any suggestions out there?

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate ( at least 72% cocoa), beef jerky, almond butter with apple slices, Hummus with celery bits
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I make energy bites with rolled oats, peanut butter (or nut butter of choice), honey, chia, flax, and add in different spices/flavors per my current mood such as cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin, cocoa, etc. Also add in dates and dark chocolate chips and other nuts if I have them on hand.

Make a batch, roll into smaller balls, set in fridge for pre/post workout. I like to have one before a run. The name is no joke - ENERGY bites. They are not for eating in one go, as they contain a high amount of calories.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Sunridge Farms' Chunks of Energy. I'm a fan of the chocolate almond chip.
  • Janet_Rod
    Options
    Thank you I'll have to look for them :)
  • Janet_Rod
    Options
    I make energy bites with rolled oats, peanut butter (or nut butter of choice), honey, chia, flax, and add in different spices/flavors per my current mood such as cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin, cocoa, etc. Also add in dates and dark chocolate chips and other nuts if I have them on hand.

Make a batch, roll into smaller balls, set in fridge for pre/post workout. I like to have one before a run. The name is no joke - ENERGY bites. They are not for eating in one go, as they contain a high amount of calories.

• Janet_Rod
    Options
    Thank you so much for the suggestions. I Can't wait to make them. :)
  • Janet_Rod
    Options
    dark chocolate ( at least 72% cocoa), beef jerky, almond butter with apple slices, Hummus with celery bits

• Janet_Rod
    Options
    I appreciate all the suggestions. Thank you! :)
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options

I do this too but I tend to add protein powder and I sometimes use vitafiber as the binding agent. Lots of good ideas on Pinterest for energy bites or protein balls.

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    VegasFit wrote: »

I do this too but I tend to add protein powder and I sometimes use vitafiber as the binding agent. Lots of good ideas on Pinterest for energy bites or protein balls.

Weirdly enough, I've never thought of that. Thanks for the idea!
  • Janet_Rod
    Options

• Janet_Rod
    Options
    Great idea.... Thank you!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I am going to make some this weekend. I got a recipe for lemon poppy seed ones yesterday in my email. Here is the link to the recipe if you are interested. She has some other recipes for them as well.

http://amyshealthybaking.com/blog/2015/03/30/lemon-poppy-seed-energy-bites/
  • chantellehunni
    Options
    I made these yesterday my small town shop didn't have everything in stock made mine with
    70%chocolate chips
    honey
    peanut butter a mixture of smooth and crunchy
    coconut flakes
    vanilla extract and oats
    turned out really nice im waiting for protein and going to try a few different recipes of my own out
    also I love oat and nut cookies my boyfriend has them for work and gym he loves them homemade is always better x
  • Janet_Rod
    Options
    Sounds great... Thx