Lost the pregnancy lbs

Options
hecham
hecham Posts: 118 Member
I told myself that when I lost all my pregnancy weight I would post to the success board, so here it goes!
Before I got pregnant, I was in good shape- ran a lot and had completed 2 half marathons. I got pregnant in January 2014 weighing right at 140. I immediately had to slow down my workouts due to low blood sugar issues in the first trimester. I pretty much stopped running altogether after about week 12. I gained weight quickly and by the end of my long pregnancy (43 weeks) had gained close to 50 pounds!
I was active during the pregnancy, did water aerobics, zumba, and walking. But, I was also extremely swollen and retained a ton of water so was quite uncomfortable. I also ate basically whatever I wanted or sounded good and had lots of food aversions early on.

October 2014 I had a healthy baby boy and he weighed almost 8 lbs. Despite running, climbing stairs, and doing basically every trick imaginable to kick-start labor, I never went in to labor or had a single contraction. After a failed induction I had a C-section and recovery was super hard!

I lost some original water weight fairly quickly and by a week post-partum had lost about 25lbs. I attribute my weight loss in the next few weeks to a hungry baby and round the clock breastfeeding. By 4 months post partum I had lost about 45 of the 50 lbs I gained.

I started running again 6 weeks after delivery and haven't looked back! I now have a goal to do a full marathon in November- when my baby will be just 12 months old!

Currently, I am 5.5 months post-partum and have lost 2 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight. I was 140 when I got pregnant, now at 138 as of today. I feel stronger now than I ever have.

I hope I can encourage other moms that it can be done! A healthy mom is important for a healthy family.
<<Before and after pics are my profile pic.

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Losing weight after baby is hard but I'll bet your active lifestyle before pregnancy helped very much.
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congrats on both the baby and losing the baby weight! I feel you on so many points -- I had a baby last March and had a c-section, which made recovery and losing weight much harder. Running is also my therapy and I'm planning to do a half in November.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and well done!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Wish I was able to do that congratulations! !
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Congrats lady, I did a lot of this, sadly I am not as far as long. I was 132 when I got pregnant, 185 when I delivered and am now 155. Just stepping up my workouts to try and drop the last 20lbs.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Wtg!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!