P90X Calories?

Options
Hey, what does everyone log their P90X workout as? Btw- P90X is kicking my butt lol! I only started yesterday, but I have that, along with adjusting to a higher altitude to deal with!

Replies

• erinhale
    erinhale Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Get a HRM. YOu burn dependign on who you feel, what you have eaten, how much effort, your hr, exct.... Invest in a hrm . http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T5G971-Unisex-Personal-Monitor/dp/B000P8VWQS/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1305646510&sr=1-1 is the one I reccomend to my clients
  • spyopticabby
    spyopticabby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    you have to get one of those polar watches (FT7) that keeps your heart rate and tell you how many calories you burned.
  • HungryTuna
    HungryTuna Posts: 141
    Options
    Hey There! :flowerforyou:

I use a heart rate monitor that connects to my iPhone (Digifit transmitter and a chest strap). I wear it during my workout, and since I've recently started over on my P90X Lean program, now I can calculate calories burned.

My Stats:
    5'9, 173 lbs.

Sunday I did Core Synergistics for 58 minutes and burned 520 calories.
    Yesterday I did Cardio X for 45 minutes and burned 372 calories.

Granted, since I'm still new to the program, that's not an incredible burn. I took 2 weeks off so coming back into it isn't easy! =)

Hope this gives you an idea!
    xoxo
  • HungryTuna
    HungryTuna Posts: 141
    Options
    Note: When I log my workouts, I "create a new exercise" and then add it to my journal.
  • Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Options
    Wow... I am way more lax. I just log it as "aerobics, high impact" and call it a day. Not as accurate as a heart monitor, of course, but much faster to imput!
  • alaskagirl5
    alaskagirl5 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Would it be considered circuit training as well??
  • Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Options
    Possibly, but I think you get more cardio with P90X than you would with circuit. I'm thinking that would be a low-end calorie estimate, but you might want to go for that if you want more motivation. As I said before, my main concern is adding it quickly. My P90X workout are interrupted by children and laundry so if I don't log quickly, I'll forget >.<
  • ljrain
    ljrain Posts: 7
    Options
    I am looking at getting a DigiFit and Garman HRM, are you still happy with yours?