Stay at home moms

Options
Hi Mommies!

I am home all day long and my husband works straight days.. I've found myself in the worst leggins and sweatshirt rut, and am constantly battling to keep from eating when bored at home all day. So today I have put on my jeans (which are depressingly snug) to try and keep me motivated!

What little tricks do you have to keep from snacking all day or to keep yourself motivated?

Replies

• dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i am in the same boat as you. would love to be friends and try to motivate each other. i am fairly new to the boards. i am 26, stay at home mom to 3 girls and 1 boy
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    When you get up, get dressed. All the way (shower, hair, makeup, shoes). It'll make you feel better and more productive. I've been a SAHM for more than 17 years (WOW!) I homeschool all four of ours and I've had to make them get dressed too or we'd all be lounging around in our jammies all day long! :)
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Im a stay at home mom of 2. 4 year old boy and a 3 month old boy. I drink coffee till about noon, then i put everything in my food diary on here. Not wanting to put something in my diary keeps me from eating it!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a stay at home mom too!

I'm still pregnant (only a couple more weeks left!), so I'm having a really hard time NOT snacking. Today, I'm going to try and eat clean, and only snack on healthy foods. My daughter is a little health nut (sweet girl), so she will try and keep me motivated.
    Can you find a workout buddy, or a friend in real life that you can call and stuff? I LOVE MFP, but once I deliver, I have a friend who will work out with me. It helps keep me accountable.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Hey Knittn! I homeschool too. :)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Im also stay at home mom of twin girls and my 2 year old son. I usually drink some coffee or watch show/movie to keep myself occupied. I make sure to stay out of the kitchen :) and drink plenty of water!
  • NoMorePerfect
    NoMorePerfect Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The thing that helps me most is housework! I know it sounds trite, but whenever I feel the urge to eat, I go do laundry or mopping or whatnot. Getting off my rear and getting busy helps keep my mind off of food and at the same time I am getting the added benefit of losing calories as I work. Win/win!
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback ladies :) MY daughter is 4 and I do daycare at home too. I have also formed a terrible habit of having a glass or 2 of red wine when the kids leave and my husband gets off work.. then plunking my butt on the couch to watch Young and the Restless while drinking the wine... unfortunately that has become the most exciting part of my day....God it actually sounds a lot worse when you type it out like that..haha
  • dustbunnie
    dustbunnie Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.
    I weighed 208 the day I gave birth to my son(he'll be 15 months old soon) and by the end of January of this year I weighed 132. Then we moved to Germany and I gained 15 pounds back :(
    I feel hungry all the time. ALL THE TIME. He is still breastfed and I know that's part of it, but goodness. I just can't seem to get the motivation to loose this 15lbs again. Yet every time I look in the mirror I just get depressed.
  • damcool
    damcool Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mother of 5 children (14, 12, 10, 6 and 4). I like to plan my food for the day and log it first thing in the morning. I drink lots and lots of water. In the afternoon, sometime after lunch and before dinner, I have 2 cups of half caffeinated coffee. I understand your pain though! This is what's worked for me...
  • BeSexy
    BeSexy Posts: 94
    Options
    I have a 4 year old at home with me also! (Plus a 12 and 7 year old-- at school for now til summer when school is out) I am a work at home mom in the fitness industry and that makes me stay accountable to myself (for the most part) . Getting up and out helps too. We make a weekly story time library trip where I feel it necessary to be presentable and not look like a stay at home mommie. We also go for walks and such.... something to get out of the house. ALSO, for me, I don't want to look like a mom of 3, so that means I have to be disciplined and make the healthy choices. Plus, this also means setting the right example for my kiddos so they learn about food and exercise and why it's important to take care of yourself.