Visual Food Diary

Options
Milenac93
Milenac93 Posts: 47 Member
edited April 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hey everyone.
I figured I'd share something that I do that has really helped me eat healthier and lose weight. When i want to eat I will make a plate of whatever it is I want to eat and make everything look pretty on the plate and take a picture. I then put the picture into an album on my phone. I've started doing it with every meal (haven't done it with snacks yet but I plan on doing that). It helps keep me accountable and when I feel discouraged I can look back and see all of the nutritious things I've eaten and it keeps me motivated to want to add more pictures. I don't post them anywhere (other than here lol) but it's nice to have sort of a visual food diary.

I do get some weird looks snapping pics of my plate but look how pretty this album is!

iw5ikh.jpg

I know this is not an original idea but i figured I'd share it because it's helped me a lot.

If anyone else does this you should share what your food album looks like!

:)

Replies

• BackbeattheFire
    BackbeattheFire Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh, I really like this idea! I feel like I'd be ashamed to have to take a picture of something not really good for me. This would help me stick to choosing better options. I think I may try this myself :)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Wow, you make really good looking food!!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I take pictures of the things I make too!!!

I love to be able to look back and see all the things I've made, and grab inspiration from past meals!!!

Edit: here is my folder!

61e121d6-cfab-42ce-b9d3-c99cbb14d6b7_zps8dlxm4bt.png
  • buffveganme
    buffveganme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Looks super healthy and lovely in how you are presenting each plate. A little more time for you, but really good idea!
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Your food looks delicious and so healthy! Good job!
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Is it all vegetarian?
  • artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing.
  • glfernandes828
    glfernandes828 Posts: 101 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I love that!! I screenshotted your photos for ideas :) and I've started doing the same thing. It helps so much when I'm planning what to eat for lunch or dinner and am not sure what I want. I'll look through my pictures and see plates I recently ate that I loved. I also use apps like Pinterest to look up healthy meal pics and I'll save them on my phone for ideas.
  • Milenac93
    Options
    mpat81 wrote: »
    Is it all vegetarian?

yes it is!
  • Milenac93
    Options
    I take pictures of the things I make too!!!

I love to be able to look back and see all the things I've made, and grab inspiration from past meals!!!

Edit: here is my folder!

61e121d6-cfab-42ce-b9d3-c99cbb14d6b7_zps8dlxm4bt.png

omg i love it!!
  • NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Chocaholic me - instantly I see what appears to be nutella next to that banana...
    Milenac93 wrote: »

iw5ikh.jpg
    )

• NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I should add it ALL looks delicious, I just thought it was funny how fast I found it xD
  • Milenac93
    Options
    I should add it ALL looks delicious, I just thought it was funny how fast I found it xD

Haha that's actually peanut butter not Nutella but now I want some Nutella lol!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I have an IG account I do this with. It's strictly food. When I'm in a rut, I pull it up and think "oh yeah, I liked that one. I will make it".

Your food does look great!
  • Amethyst314
    Amethyst314 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone/tablet, you should check out the app twogrand :) it's like Instagram for sharing photos of your meal, kinda like a visual mfp :)