MORE Protein

Options
cs4156
cs4156 Posts: 27 Member
I just upped my calories and need more Protein....Any suggestions for adding it to each meal? No Eggs! Don't eat them.... I have added Protein powder and almond milk after a workout. I eat P28 Bagels and Quest bars already but want real food....

Replies

• Chazsteers
    Chazsteers Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    you could always try fish like Tuna or Salmon, or for more meaty dishes Turkey and chicken.

Almonds are a good source of protein to add to salads or as a snack or even with your breakfast (seed/ crushed almonds on porridge. )
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Also consider tofu, tempeh, etc. Any pork/beef that ends in -loin is leaner and healthier. You may still need to trim off some of the fat but overall you're not dealing with as much fat as you would be with other cuts of meat.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I eat 2-3 cans of tuna everyday, shrimp has lots of protein and I mix with the below link it has truly helped my protein % edamame-and-organic-mung-bean-fettuccine

http://www.explore-asian.com/products/edamame-and-organic-mung-bean-fettuccine-6-pack.html#.VSZ6PPnF_HQ
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Meat, meat, and more meat.

I'm also a huge fan of cheese, nuts, and greek yogurt but with those you have to be aware of the fat content. There's nothing wrong with the fat content, but it will take up some more of your calories since fat is more calorie dense than protein & carbs.

My diary is open if you want to poke around. I aim for 140-150g of protein every day based on IIFYM. :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If you aren't opposed to animal products, cottage cheese, cheese, greek yogurt.

Often times I eat cheese with an egg salad sandwich or add meat to a pasta dish...for example alfredo I add shrimp/lobster or spaghetti I add lots of hb or ground turkey.

nuts are fine but add in lots of calories for the little protein they give.

Feel free to check my diary as well as I strive for at least 113 grams of protein a day.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is my "secret" to sneak in more protein at meals when I don't want more meat. The plain, unsweetened kind can be added to sauces, dressings, or used as a topping (reminds me of sour cream, or top your oatmeal with it, for example). Or, just one 150g container of it has 12g protein (look for 100 calorie versions if calories are short, otherwise most others come in under 150 calories).
  • Getinmymouth
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    Tuna
    Seafood
    Beef Jerky
    Chia seeds
    Kidney beans
    Mozzarella
    Cottage cheese
    Feta cheese
    And lots of meat!!
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Beef
    Chicken
    Turkey
    Lamb
    Pork
    Bison
    Venison
    Fish
    Yogurt
    Milk
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    What others have said above, plus cottage cheese with fruit first thing in the morning.
  • glfernandes828
    glfernandes828 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I made this as a reference for myself.
    7rzon2j5ppc1.jpg