Leaving for USAF, training buddy?

Options
My name is Brian. Since a year ago, I have lost 115lbs. Leaving for basic on July 28th, still trying to get as prepared as much as possible. Ran for an hour last night at the gym.

Replies

• jbgow1
    jbgow1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am on the same path I need to lose about 20 pounds more before enlist. I didn't think I would see anyone doing the same thing as me
  • jbgow1
    jbgow1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am on the same path I need to lose about 20 pounds more before enlist. I didn't think I would see anyone doing the same thing as me
  • Ainesilver
    Ainesilver Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You might want to check out this website to see what you need to be able to do physically in Boot Camp.
    http://www.military.com/military-fitness/workouts/prepare-yourself-for-boot-camp
  • BrianPaigo
    Options
    Thank you. I've researched a lot on my own, but anything helps.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 115 pounds!!! As someone who went through USAF basic training (YEARS AGO!), running, push ups and sit ups will get you to where you need to be from a fitness standard.

Do you need to lose 20 pounds to make weight to be able to join or do you just want to lose that weight?

Oh, and feel free to PM me with any and all questions. I served for 12 years and got out two years ago. Granted the AF has changed a lot since I first came if, but I'll answer whatever I can. And considering I work on an AF base now, if I don't have the answer, I can probably find it out from someone. :smiley:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    BrianPaigo wrote: »
    My name is Brian. Since a year ago, I have lost 115lbs. Leaving for basic on July 28th, still trying to get as prepared as much as possible. Ran for an hour last night at the gym.

Where was your strength training?
  • BrianPaigo
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    BrianPaigo wrote: »

Where was your strength training?

Strength training? You mean where I workout? Planet fitness.
  • BrianPaigo
    Options
    Belle8312 wrote: »
    Congratulations on losing 115 pounds!!! As someone who went through USAF basic training (YEARS AGO!), running, push ups and sit ups will get you to where you need to be from a fitness standard.

Do you need to lose 20 pounds to make weight to be able to join or do you just want to lose that weight?

Oh, and feel free to PM me with any and all questions. I served for 12 years and got out two years ago. Granted the AF has changed a lot since I first came if, but I'll answer whatever I can. And considering I work on an AF base now, if I don't have the answer, I can probably find it out from someone. :smiley:

Thank you. Max weight is 208, I'm at 190. I'm 6ft tall. Hoping to get to about 175-180. I run, pull ups, push ups, and do sit-ups already. About 3 times a week.
  • BrianPaigo
    Options
    I have already enlisted, I have a contract. So the weight would be for me.