Really..did this just happen to me?!?

Options
I have been training for my first half marathon for MONTHS!! Its in 2 weeks...aaannndd I tore a muscle in my foot! I cant walk on it and Im in a giant boot for weeks.

Yeah Im bummed and cried I know there will be others but damn it im so angry!! right now I don't even want to think about another marathon-or running

The Dr said I can wear boot for 2 weeks and try elliptical to keep up with conditioning but I cant run 13 miles after not running at all for 3.5 weeks

*rant over*

Replies

• NeverGiveUpKMV
    NeverGiveUpKMV Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! Had a stress fracture in my foot for FIVE months! Just getting over it now.

Remember if you elliptical to ice it after.

It sucks, but you can get through it :wink:
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    ughhh, that sux. I know how excited you must have been. I had my first half in January and I know the feeling of training and the excitement to show off all your hard work :(
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    That blows! I think you should still go to the event, be on the side lines with your special boot and cruches and cheer on the other runners, claim your shirt and maybe get a picture in front of the start/finish line of you with your booted foot lifted and an angry face.
  • MrKbailey
    MrKbailey Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Dang
  • kayna1225
    kayna1225 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That blows! I think you should still go to the event, be on the side lines with your special boot and cruches and cheer on the other runners, claim your shirt and maybe get a picture in front of the start/finish line of you with your booted foot lifted and an angry face.

definitely I was doing this with an awesome coworker who is busting her *kitten* training-an angry face LOL

ice works wonders-I should be thankful im out for a couple weeks-I couldn't imagine five months!

I don't want to feel like all my hardwork was for nothing and that's where I am right now

congratulations on your first half @ninav1980!