silly silly brag

Options
mielikkibz
mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
Soo, went away this weekend, knew it was going to be warm, so packed shorts, two pairs of last years and one new pair for this year.

Unfortunately, I tore a huge hole in the rear of the new pair the first night at the hotel getting in and out of the cargo van taking care of my dogs. . .so tossed them out.

Even more unfortunately, the pairs from last year, were so loose, I had to tuck them into my underwear to keep them up, even worse the 2nd day when I used a pair of lycra shorts to keep from chafing in the humidity. If I put my phone in my pocket it was even worse LOL

I hate shopping with a passion, have avoided it because my goal is to lose a lot more weight than I already have, but I think I have to go LOL

Replies

• ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Get out and buy some shorts that won't get you a ticket for indecent exposure when they fall down to your knees! Great NSV!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you won't be "at" your current size for long then check out second hand shops, get some cheaper good quality clothes, I'm still amazed at the amount of clothes I find still with the original sales tags on them. I'm not spending $50 and up on good jeans every time I fit into a new size but $3 to $5 I don't mind if I have to buy 10 new (to me) pairs :)
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    I'm the same way about shopping. My clothes are too big and uncomfortable, but I hate to waste money to buy clothes that are only going to fit for a short while on my way down to my goal weight. I've only been buying like one pair of pants for each size and washing them almost everyday on my way down. My shirts that I'm wearing are just huge, but I'm okay with that, because I can hide them behind my apron at work 5 days a week.
  • laniackerman1
    Options
    I also said I wasn't going to buy any new clothes till I reach my goal weight but alas my jeans are so baggy and fall off all the time now that if i'm going to go dancing with the girls on friday I will have to buy a new pair :-)
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    What is wrong with us? LOL Most people would be excited to buy new clothes if it has a smaller size on it...hence why vanity sizing came along.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Online shopping!!
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    cuz I am stingy with my money for myself? LOL. . I hate the thought of buying new clothes and not being able to fit in them in two months, and well, I just absolutely HATE shopping
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I mostly hate shopping for clothes but the advantage of using the second-hand / goodwill / salvation army type shops is that I can sometimes find cheap items that I've been looking for, an actual GLASS pitcher for water in the fridge, a blender with the removable blades that will fit on my mason jars so I can once again retire the magic bullet, a bread maker, cast iron pans, books for cheap, I haven't paid the $10-12 retail price on a book... ok excuse me, I DID buy 3 new books mostly via gift certificates this year (Book of the Farm republished (the one they used on Victorian Farm... yes please) Guide to self-sufficiency.... and oh right a... belly-fat diet from the Mens Health publishers, really should finish reading that some day. When I can get a $45 hardcover book lightly used for $2 you're darn tooting I'm going to. There's other stuff that I just can't think of right now... oh yes a cooler for carrying lunch to work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!