Overweight mommas!

Options
kwrecks
kwrecks Posts: 82 Member
Hi all! I am looking for other mommas who are overweight and beginning a weight loss journey while trying to balance a family. My daughter is 19 months old and I am a stay at home mom. I have been off and on MFP for a few years but I need some motivation to keep going, and I think other moms that are in the same situation as me would be great motivation! Feel free to add me and we can help each other!

Replies

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! I'm 25, mommy to a beautiful 2 year old, and work Full-time (hubby is the stay at home parent) it's definitely difficult, but a jogging stroller is the best investment! :smile:
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    overweight, SAHM mama of 3 humans and one dog here :) feel free to add me!!
  • usernameenvy
    usernameenvy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    ill add you :) im a full time working mum with a 6 year old daughter, its hard work but im really keen to move this extra weight
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    12 year old, 9 year old, 20 month old, and 10 month old here. I also work and go to school. I'm not over weight, I'm in maintenance and focusing on lifting but I get the struggle of balancing It all and finding the time!
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have a 7 year old son, 4 year old daughter, 1.5 year old puppy and a new kitten
  • kwrecks
    kwrecks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Tha ks for the replies ladies! Hopefully we can all keep each other motivated!
  • Lynniebinny76
    Lynniebinny76 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Right there with everyone - working mama of a 2 year old and almost 1 year old. Decided 2015 was the start of taking care of me so I could be a better mom, wife, and most importantly - a better me.
  • Saphira291
    Saphira291 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    momma here of two little girls ages 4 and 1. Been strugglin to lose the weight
  • jenn04w
    jenn04w Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Full time and part time momma here! Over weight. Feel free to add me.
  • Jazb10
    Jazb10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a 25yr old Momma to 4 kids 5 and under! Please feel free to add me. Just starting out and not to sure what I am doing but would love to have the support!
  • eirokkorie
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 26 year old stay at home mom to two boys! Feel free to add me. I've just started my journey and I'm looking for support as well!
  • abarriere
    abarriere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i am 33, with one 14 month old son. Work full time! Lost 15 since January, but want to lose 30-45 more.
  • tlh68
    tlh68 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mom of three... Unfortunately, only one lives at home anymore and our run, run, run lifestyle has changed to a couch potatoes.
  • leannemadrid
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me! I need others to keep me accountable! I'm 22 and a stay at home mom. My baby girl is 3 months old and I'm on a journey to lose 28 lbs!
  • goddessheatherr
    goddessheatherr Posts: 38 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Almost 30 y/o. I feel like I'm at home here. Nursing 19 month old, 10 year old, hushand SAHM, 1 cat- had a dog but he just passed (age, cancer, diabetes :( ) Just started MFP this week. My LO is a crazy, active baby who doesn't like to let mommy workout! Would love supportive friends on here.
  • mabinethin
    mabinethin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    33 year old 19 month old son, I work full time, I'm trying to lose the baby weight but like most mom's I'm exhausted at the end of the day. Starting walking on my lunch breaks.
  • tiffanyspencer441
    Options
    I add you I am 25 year old mom with 1 child 7 year old little girl trying loss the weight I hade csection
  • sciencenovice
    sciencenovice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just turned 31 on the 4th. And my metabolism seems to have left last year some time. I gained 80+lbs with each kid. I lost it within a year with my first. But I was in my 20s and working out plus light beer, bam... Back to my size 4s.

With this little guy I went up to 215lbs from 135. He's 21months old and I've only managed to drop 50lbs the first year, and now I have been yo yoing in between 155 and 165 for almost a year.

I quit smoking in January, and that had my weight go right back up to 165. But I'm recommitted now. I feel like my smoke free life is easier to deal with. So now I'm on to the next big change for myself.

I'm struggling with being "perfect" inu weightloss journey. My biggest obstacle is giving in and giving up after one stupid cookie or cheat meal. It's like I'm an addict or something. One slip and I'm off and running for the extra large order of fries with a side of cheesecake. I try intense impossible diets to "melt fat fast" but they're impossible to maintain in my lifestyle. How can I have absolutely no sugar or carbs including fruit, when I'm constantly preparing buttered cinnamon toast, mashed potatoes, waffles, and all of my family's favorites day in and day out,??? Plus I'm a server at Red Robin... Omg the fries! And ranch... Ugh plus my manager always brings in donuts for the break room on the weekends. Which is when I work.
  • barbiereynolds701
    barbiereynolds701 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mama of 3 here....with 30 poinds to lose! Lets do this! Feel free to add!
  • careyw1
    careyw1 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Please add me if you like! I'm starting mfp once again...mom of three,sahm,trying to 30lbs started in Jan have lost 20lbs. Seems like trying to lose wright is ongoing!