75 calories left for dinner!? :'-(

Options
I think i'll go over 1200 calories, my tummy is rumbling!

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    If you're truly hungry, eat.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    1200 cals is often not enough for most people and that's because lots of people set their goal too aggressively.

What is your height and weight and how much do you want to lose?

Edit: I see you want to lose 28lbs - you should have selected loss at 1lb a week not 2lbs.

Have a read of this:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Have a bowl of miso soup, and a fried egg over spinach.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    1200 is as low as MFP will go (for anyone).....at 18 years old you certainly can eat more and still lose weight.....your choice. With 28 pounds to lose your weekly goal should be no more than 1 pound a week.

I choose to eat more than 1200 (I'm waaay over 18) because I don't want to risk losing lean muscle....I would prefer to lose just fat.

MFP gives you 1200 plus your exercise calories. So if you are concerned, walk a couple miles after dinner....earn some extra calories.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Spinach, fried cabbage and the bags of mixed vegetables have low calories if you are trying to stay in your calories.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Why are you only eating 1200 calories? Unless you're titchy that's far too few. Reassess your goals.

Go for a 30 minute walk and earn some more
  • Jani22
    Jani22 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm on 1200 a day as I'm also way over 18 and have 50lb to lose, but I don't worry if I go over by two or three hundred or so. Some days I'm in deficit if I've worked out for a long time or done some heavy gardening or cleaning. It balances out at the end of the week. If you're hungry, you need to eat.
  • rolom3
    rolom3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I think I'll up my daily calorie intake to 1500
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    rolom3 wrote: »

That sounds much more sustainable long term. Losing weight doesn't need to be torture.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

That sounds much more sustainable long term. Losing weight doesn't need to be torture.

Agreed, I lasted a week on 1200 before upping to around 1600, 1200 a day made me stabby.

It might take slightly longer - but you'll be happier :flowerforyou:
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I wouldn't even be able to manage 1200 cals for 1 day!
    Yes, definitely up it to 1500 cals and maybe try to eat more substantial meals (not snacks) throughout the day.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Yep
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Its not hard to have a filling dinner in the 200-300 calorie range.

Spinach salad: 1-2 ounces of spinach, other veggies as you like w/ .5 ounces blue cheese crumbles & fat free dressing. ~100-125 calories

4-6 ounce chicken breast, baked ~150 calories

3-4 ounces each of zucchini & cauliflower, raw or tossed with seasonings and a touch of olive oil and baked. 30-60 calories depending on use of olive oil

~~~~~~~~~~

BUT having a realistic calorie goal helps you fit in the necessary meals & nutrients. And/or go for an extra 30 minute walk to 'earn' an extra 100-125 calories.
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have 1000 cals per day, on MFP. I am 42 cals over. I will working out at home. I am aiming to burn 200.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    stabby.

This is my favorite word of all time, I love that someone else uses it!!

And yes, stabby is the perfect way to describe eating only 1200 cal. OP, you will most likely be miserable and just quit, 1500 is a much easier number and you will still lose weight. If you want to lose 2 lb a week, add in more exercise to make up the difference. The goal is persistence not speed!