30 Day Shred, C25K, Ripped in 30

Options
ladylu11
ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
These are all programs I want to do. I started the 30 Day Shred on May 5th and made it to day 4 until I had a back injury and could barely move for a week. I am feeling better and ready to start over.

My question is: Are any of you doing any of these workouts simultaneously? and if so which ones????

4433730.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but you definitely could. If you did c25k simultaneously with either ripped in 30 or 30ds you'd have 3 days a week where your workouts were roughly 60 minutes (you only run 3x a week) and that would work well i think.

I'm doing CLX & C25K simultaneously right now and I feel great doing it.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I am doing 30DS and C25K ... Just started this past week.
    I do 30DS in the mornings and C25K in the afternoons on alternate days. I have just enough time to do one or the other workout at a time, but could do both consecutively in the afternoons/evenings if I chose to. And I may be changing things up here to do just that by the end of the week. We shall see how it goes.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I would have done more than 1 program in the past, but now that Im over 40 and have some past injury's that I have to be careful with I prefer to start and finish one program at a time. If Im too sore to do my workout the next day i will still go for a good brisk walk, but have to be careful not to reinjure myself.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I did 30-day shred first (that was my first workout dvd); I was so sore for almost 2 weeks that I could barely walk, but I pushed through the pain. I had wonderful success with it (I lose almost 10 inches and 11.6 lbs in a matter of 6 weeks). I haven't done ripped in 30 days. I have just started C25K. It is done 3 days a week, so you could do that with shred if you stretched it out over like 6 weeks. C25K gives you great cardio while shred is a great toning dvd. I think you could do both.
  • jennnny
    jennnny Posts: 65
    Options
    There is a whole group of us that just started the 30 day shred....I just started this morning actually but I think most people started yesterday.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/241446-summer-shredders-closed-group

Not sure if that link will work since it's a "closed group" now. Good luck!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day shred for 2 months. The first month I just did it 5-6 days a week and progressed through all 3 workouts. The second month I did it 5-6 days a week but 3 of those days I'd double up and do 2 levels back to back. Then I added in No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism a few days a week and continued to double 30ds a couple of days a week. Then I started Ripped in 30....I am progressing to level 4 today. I've had awesome results from Jillian's dvds and I enjoy them. I didn't have much weight to lose but I've lost crazy inches. I wish I had measured myself when I started but I plan on posting the before and after pictures in about a week if you'd like to stay tuned....:smile:
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    sort of... I'm a c25k grad but still run 3 days a week on the OHR plan and I do JM 6 week 6 pack the other 3 but not the JM ones you mentioned because I cant find them on region 2 dvd :/
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30ds and c25k. Sometimes I alternate them, sometimes I do them both on the same day. Seems to be working pretty well.
  • lbfrueh
    lbfrueh Posts: 87
    Options
    Question everyone who posted on here... does anyone have bad or troublesome knees?

I've wanted to do the 30 Day Shred but have been told by a few people it's not for anyone with knee problems.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I did 30 Day shred in APril with some extra cardio (usually joggin a couple times a week) i am now doing RIPPED.
  • kuhristeee
    kuhristeee Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I did a full round of 30DS back in late February/early March exclusively. After that, I got Ripped in 30 and now I like to do a level of 30DS one day, a level of Ripped the next day, and sometimes I combine them both in one day if I'm feeling frisky, etc. and so forth. I also play Dance Central for the Kinect.
    Question everyone who posted on here... does anyone have bad or troublesome knees?

I've wanted to do the 30 Day Shred but have been told by a few people it's not for anyone with knee problems.

The only exercises in 30DS that put a strain on my knees are the lunges. She does some type of lunge in every level, however they're easier to do and put less strain on your knees if you don't sink all the way down into it. :)
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options

Almost all of the moves in the 30 DS have modified versions that are easier on the knees. Speaking from experience (Both of my knees have seen better days), my knees are much stronger now, after doing the 30 DS than they were before. I just modified when I needed to and kept on pushing. They were sore for the first couple of weeks but they got so much stronger as time went on.
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am on D19 of the Shred and on W3 of the C25K program. I enjoy doing them together. As soon as I complete the Shred I plan on doing Ripped and finishing up the C25K. Good luck!! =)