Motivation to get under 200lbs!

Options
Hi there I'm René and looking for motivation to get back under 200lbs!
I have a 4.5 year old daughter and work full time, single mom, hoping for tips for being more active and for low carb snack and meal ideas!
Oh and I'm 32...why is it so hard after age 30!? Lol.

Replies

• damaryssanchez
    damaryssanchez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello René, my name is Damarys. I went up to 195lbs with my second child, currently i am at 141lbs aiming for 120-125lbs. What helped me was the food I was eating and exercising, i am a sugar addict so i do allow my self to have a chocolate like once a month. If you have instagram follow me @simply_damarys
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just go get it! Take the stairs more. Park farther away, everywhere you go. I don't believe in giving up anything, so can't help on the low carb part. Caloric deficit is all that is necessary for weight loss and I believe in carrying on now as I plan to continue. Good luck!
  • Carpe_diem1983
    Carpe_diem1983 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for the inspiration and advice! It's much appreciated:)!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    rrossen wrote: »
    I have a 4.5 year old daughter and work full time, single mom, hoping for tips for being more active and for low carb snack and meal ideas!

You are single that should be motivation enough!

That may have come off as mean but not meant that way
  • tatinav
    tatinav Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm an off and on again MFP user. Due to 3 pregnancies and full time work with school... finally am committed and seriously motivated looking for other avid MFP users. Please add me to motivate each other started at my heaviest of 237lbs now am at 220lbs working hard for reaching the under 200 mark
  • Lady_Grell
    Lady_Grell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I'm also in my 30's (although I'm 37) and I'm trying to get under 200 as well. You can do it! We both can! I've been trying to take more walks and play with my dogs when the weather's nice. I can't help much with snacks, but I'm ready to cheer you on!
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Motivation ? How about your health and wanting to live long enough to see your daughter grow old ?

Why is it harder the older you get ? Because our bad choices have become lifestyles and habits are hard to break.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

Not everybody wants to be anything other than single. I have zero desire to be married.

I also have zero trouble finding partners whenever I want them, even at over 200 pounds.

Your argument is ridiculous.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Tips. : It is more then a tip it is the answer your seek. Read this, learn this, do this
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 32, over 200lbs (was 253 and now about 204) and have a 4 and 2 year old :-).
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

Not everybody wants to be anything other than single. I have zero desire to be married.

I also have zero trouble finding partners whenever I want them, even at over 200 pounds.

Your argument is ridiculous.

100% this. Not everyone wants the same life choices you do. For me-I am polyamorous. Even when I was over 200lbs I had no issue finding someone.

OP: I started at 257-right now I am 196. Trust me- the morning I saw 199.8 I squealed and danced for about 10 minutes lol.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Why 200? Because it's a round number? Why not work out what is a healthy weight.

But yeah calorie deficit. I don't really get all the low carb, high protein, eat 5 different coloured foods diets. But to each there own.

I think the taking the stairs, parking further away is a good start. I park an extra 100 m away. Not a lot really but that's an extra 100 in the morning, 200 at lunch and another 100 after work. 5 days a week, 48 weeks a year. Like nearly 100km a yeah?
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Why 200? Because it's a round number? Why not work out what is a healthy weight.

But yeah calorie deficit. I don't really get all the low carb, high protein, eat 5 different coloured foods diets. But to each there own.

I think the taking the stairs, parking further away is a good start. I park an extra 100 m away. Not a lot really but that's an extra 100 in the morning, 200 at lunch and another 100 after work. 5 days a week, 48 weeks a year. Like nearly 100km a yeah?

Many people focus on entering the next "100s". There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Low carb for me is about intolerances and curbing cravings, not about losing weight. Carbs above 30g results in diarrhea.

We don't use pounds here so getting under 200 means nothing to me. I can't wait to hit 88kg though as it's my lowest adult weight and I haven't seen it for years.
  • Carpe_diem1983
    Carpe_diem1983 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the motivation and positive feedback! That's why I'm here:)
    Signed up for a 5k with my daughter 5/30th and my 5th 5k by myself for 4/26th! I will be under 200lbs by then