Go to breakfast.

2»

Replies

• C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    edited April 2015
    Oatmeal is my go to breakfast. I weigh it out the night before (you could weigh out several baggies of oats for the week, sort of an "instant" oatmeal), then just add water and microwave (about 2 minutes in my microwave for 40 g oats and 1 c water) Then I can just add whatever toppings sound good. Later in the morning my "second breakfast" is a bowl of berries or peanut butter and crackers. My normal breakfast can vary between 250 and 400.

Another easy make ahead idea is breakfast wraps: Scramble eggs, add protein of choice, veggies (optional). Let cool. Warm tortillas. Scoop egg filling into tortilla add cheese and wrap burrito style. Let cool entirely, then wrap in saran wrap and freeze in a gallon freezer bag. These you could totally customize to your preferred calorie range and you can make a ton at once. I like to make 2-3 weeks worth at a time, then just put a week's worth of wraps in the refrigerator so they can thaw and make it even a little quicker. Heating a thawed, refrigerated wrap takes about 1 minute in the microwave, a frozen wrap would take around 2 minutes.
  • tamic724
    tamic724 Posts: 3 Member
    Oatmeal with either banana or apple. Whole wheat toast with avocado, make a dozen hard boiled eggs for a quick go to. ( good for salads as well) One of my favorite FAST breakfast is one egg scrambled, 1 slice of toast ( pumpernickel or whole wheat) 1/2 avocado spread it in the toast, 1 tablespoon of salsa on top of the eggs. Another quick one for me is cottage cheese with a banana cut up and a drizzle of honey.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 478 Member
    edited April 2015
    Basic.. Whole wheat toast with peanut butter and sliced banana on top.
  • kutedaisy
    kutedaisy Posts: 41 Member
    Are you asking for just you or for you and the five kids? You can already do a crock pot breakfast night before and put bowls next to for morning.
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Honestly .. .I keep Post Good Morning Waffle Crunch on hand. It's 120 cals for 1 cup, goes to 180 with skim milk but I use 2 percent (have a toddler, so 2% is the compromise). Cereal usually is bad for you, but this one is surprisingly not as bad as it would seem. It's got a bunch on vitamins, less sugar than expected (11 g if I remember right), and it tastes like waffles.
    I have a tendency to wake up and not eat until my stomach is about to attack me out of hostility, so keeping something so yummy and so simple on hand keeps me from fasting until 2pm.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    eggs and toast and coffee. if i'm in a rush, i either have a jamaican beef patty or grab a breakfast sandwich from starbucks (but i do not drink their coffee)
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    edited April 2015
    My smoothie:

3-4 small strawberries, or 1/2 cup blueberries, or other berry
    1/2 cup lowfat greek yogurt (2%)
    1 tbsp soy protein isolate (optional)
    1 banana
    1/5 cup almond or cashew milk (unsweetened)
    BLEND THE CRAP OUT OF IT with an immersion blender because it's easy to clean
    Add 1/5 cup of raw oats
    Stir and enjoy 280 calories of delicious