Protein/Meal replacement shake

Options
Hello Everyone, I am curious to know what kind of (if any) meal replacement or protein shake you use? I have heard a million and one things about shakeology, but I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money. I have bought and tried multiple times visalus. Its ok but I don't love the taste. I have tried cheaper ones but I either don't like the taste at all or it upsets my stomach. I would love to hear suggestions or hear what you use.

Replies

• NeverGiveUpKMV
    NeverGiveUpKMV Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    About a month ago I started drinking a pre-made Premier Protein (I like the strawberries and cream the best, the chocolate isn't anything special). What I like most about them is that they're 30g of protein and just 4g of carbs.

At Costco I can buy 18 for 25 bucks, so around $1.40 for each... Not too bad I don't think.

Here's a link to their site, good luck finding the right drink for you! :smile:

http://shop.premierprotein.com/Premier-Protein-11-oz-Shakes-Variety-12Pack/p/PREM-VPSH11&c=PremierProtein@Shakes
  • kjac1992
    kjac1992 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My mom got isagenix (about $80 a month) and had an allergic reaction so I get to try it now, I'm really not enjoying the flavor. I've got some EAS protein from Walmart that was a lot cheaper (about $17 for 30 servings) and I like the flavor a lot more.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I just said this in another thread: I really like the Progressive Vegessential protein powder. It's 180 cals for 27g protein, 7g fibre, and a ton of greens and healthy oils. It’s around $60 for 18.6 servings (840g) in Canada, so probably cheaper in the US. It has the best macros from the stuff I’ve seen. Mind you, I don’t really use it as a meal replacement, more for an after-workout snack.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Muscle milk naturals vanilla. I mix it with brewed spiced chai tea and lots of ice it is so good!
  • supplejl
    supplejl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Quattro by Magnum Nutracueticals. So good. I started using their products a few months ago. I've used the Chocolate Love and the new Chocolate Peanut Butter. They also have vanilla ice cream, cookies & cream and a plain one (apparently good in baking)
    Low sugar. no "funny" additives.
    $49.95 for 2 lbs, $89.95 for 4.5 lbs. Can order online at hardmagnum.com
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that a meal replacement shake and a protein supplement are two completely different things. Protein shakes are merely for supplementing protein intake and can be beneficial in hitting big protein targets...it's just protein.

Meal replacements are going to have a broader macro and micro breakdown as they are actually designed to replace an actual meal. Do not use a protein supplement as a meal replacement...that's not their purpose.
  • Lextmg86
    Lextmg86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk 100 Chocolate from Sams club
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Keep in mind that a meal replacement shake and a protein supplement are two completely different things. Protein shakes are merely for supplementing protein intake and can be beneficial in hitting big protein targets...it's just protein.

Meal replacements are going to have a broader macro and micro breakdown as they are actually designed to replace an actual meal. Do not use a protein supplement as a meal replacement...that's not their purpose.

This should be stickied to the top of the board.
  • mom23_teachmany
    mom23_teachmany Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    kjac1992 wrote: »
    My mom got isagenix (about $80 a month) and had an allergic reaction so I get to try it now, I'm really not enjoying the flavor. I've got some EAS protein from Walmart that was a lot cheaper (about $17 for 30 servings) and I like the flavor a lot more.

I use the dairy free Isagenix. I think it's the best tasting out of all of them! And no allergic reaction. What is your allergy? Dairy, whey?
  • NicoleMcQuillen
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I am curious to know what kind of (if any) meal replacement or protein shake you use? I have heard a million and one things about shakeology, but I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money. I have bought and tried multiple times visalus. Its ok but I don't love the taste. I have tried cheaper ones but I either don't like the taste at all or it upsets my stomach. I would love to hear suggestions or hear what you use.

If you try shakeology, you'll understand the cost! I love it. I was hesitant too because of the price but it suppresses my appetite so well and my energy levels have gone up so much. I have never had a meal replacement come close to what shakeology does for me. I'm usually hungry an hour later after other ones..
  • Psysix
    Psysix Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I second the Premier Protein from Costco, except I like the chocolate ones more than the strawberry, though neither are bad. I haven't tried vanilla yet. These work well for me. :)
  • MrsClevenger11
    MrsClevenger11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Some might call it cheating, but I add just a tablespoon or two of sugar to my powder and mix it with milk. It makes it so good, plus I still have calories left over for a fruit to complete the meal or a snack later on. It has helped me so much in meeting my nutrition needs and staying within my calorie goals. I just looked for a cheap, non soy shake that looked good, and ended up going with Bare Essentials from Swanson.com. It's called Bariatric Support, but works for any weight range.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I'm using RAW vanilla chai protein powder and TwinLabs Chocolate plant protein powder. Both are awesome. Vegan, gluten free, and low sugars. I like to mix instant coffee with the chai and pb2 powder with the chocolate.