How long did it take to start seeing results?

Options
kizzylips
kizzylips Posts: 2 Member
Hello, I'm new to MFP and also new to working out and eating right. I just wanted to know how long did it take to start seeing results?

Replies

• arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'd agree - it took one month before I started seeing results. The good news is though, I lost most rapidly at the start of my journey. In two months, I felt positively fantastic. By about three months, other people started noticing.

Part of the hard part I think about losing weight is you are putting in a lot of work with no immediate change. Try to focus on anything positive you can - sometimes for me it was just a matter of taking it a day at a time and patting myself on the back for putting in a workout. GL.

PS it was worth it. ;)
  • LBoggie77
    LBoggie77 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with joleneee421, take before and after pictures. Even if you don't feel like you have lost weight, and even if the scale doesn't seem to budge, your before and after pictures will be undeniable.

It took me about 2 months to see a difference, within 4 months, people were noticing. Just keep at it, and don't give up if you don't see results right away. It will happen for you.

Good Luck :)
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd day and I'm impatient already :D .

Sigh. GRRRR.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    After I lost 30 pounds ( I started at 218) I started noticing my clothing getting loose. my face was no longer chubby after 20 pounds. It has taken so long to really see the changes because I am tall (5'9).
  • paige_eloise
    paige_eloise Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with Jazmin ^^
    I'm 6ft 1 and it took me 6+ weeks to actually see the difference in myself. Take before and after pictures, they really help and really motivated me to continue :)
  • Vanbo2002
    Options
    I am 5'4 and weighed in at 222 three days ago. My problem is staying focused and not losing site of my goal. I just keep telling myself wait for the results..they will happen....one day at a time....sometimes one meal at a time is the way I'm going to approach my weight loss challenge...if i fall off the wagon tomorrow is a new day...not the end
  • positiveenery
    positiveenery Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It took me about 2 months to see a difference, within 4 months, people were noticing. Just keep at it, and don't give up if you don't see results right away. It will happen for you.

Thanks LBoggie77

This is encouraging. I've been putting a lots of work for past 6weeks. I will faithfully wait for it
    Good to know ..
  • Mandy0223
    Mandy0223 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I felt a diffrence in about a week after i ate better. I felt great after running for 3 weeks, but the first three weeks were hard but worth it!

It took me about 2 months to see a difference.
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 2 months in and can't see a difference except on my feet and ankles, however, I can jog daily now and am not feeling lethargic and happily play football or rugby and run around with the kids on days out rather than feeling like a walrus.
  • seantheking87
    seantheking87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 8 weeks in and 16lbs down (from 267-251) and not much of a difference yet. I think its just dependant on your body type how quickly it will look like its dropping off
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I felt better 3-4 weeks in, although that was probably just being proud of myself for starting to exercise more and sticking with it.
    Noticed a real difference in 2 months. It does take a while, because obviously you and those around you who see you daily won't notice the little tiny incremental changes before they add up to something much bigger; that doesn't mean changes aren't happening within a few weeks, we just can't see them yet!
  • egorre
    egorre Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    before MFP i wore 4X shirts and in a month (this was before i was counting calories with MFP) of daily walks (1-4 miles 2-4 days/week and not buying fast food, cooking food myself, my shirts started looking loose on me. if i lost 28lbs in my first 30 days on MFP, i can only imagine my actual starting weight when i decided to lose is around 290-300 lbs instead of 275.6 lbs which is a lot of weight. it depends on your starting weight i guess.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I think I saw a stat once that it starts to be noticeable to others once you have lost 10% of your starting weight. If you started at 222, you should be able to see it and feel it at about 22 lbs. Definitely not an exact science but it gives you and idea! others started to notice it on me this time at about that. (10%) I felt it and saw it much sooner!
  • Tiffanyrules
    Options
    Thx for the information
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    About 6 weeks for me.
  • srilankan_kitten
    srilankan_kitten Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like this, hoping to see a difference soon :)wzu74v17r6pt.png
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    what kind of results? I've been at this good livin' thing for over two and a half years...always seeing results of some kind...it's a continuum.

Being at a healthy weight and looking fit is a bi-product of living a healthful lifestyle, not a few weeks of dieting and exercise...live the life and you will see results continuously...I'm always improving on something...it's never ending.
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like this, hoping to see a difference soon :)wzu74v17r6pt.png

I have this as the background on my phone for a constant reminder! My favorite
  • sciencenovice
    sciencenovice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread. I'm telling myself 500calories at a time. Shedding this weight 500calories at a time. It's those "quick" results that mess me up. I get discouraged so quickly. This whole 4week buisness sounds about right, and totally attainable. I love that meme up there too!
  • justinee927
    justinee927 Posts: 28 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I saw results on my own after about a month. It was until recently,four months into my weight loss (47 lbs down) that my friends and family have REALLY seen a huge difference.

A little about me:
    Anyone feel free to add me. I've been using my fitness pal for about 4 months. I have a 151 day streak!!! Woo! I've lost 47 pounds in four months so far with MFP.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!