After the mirena coil...

Options
Hey guys. Need a few women who have had experiences with the mirena coil to tell me whether they experienced anything strange or out of the ordinary after it had been removed. Examples being skin irritation, cold sores and period not returning.

Was it easier to lose weight (or weight loss shown on scales) after it was removed?

Thanks.

(Doctor will be visited by the way if I deem it necessary)

Replies

• hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Bumping
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I've just had mine out - no side effects yet but will let you know.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Need a few women who have had experiences with the mirena coil to tell me whether they experienced anything strange or out of the ordinary after it had been removed. Examples being skin irritation, cold sores and period not returning.

Was it easier to lose weight (or weight loss shown on scales) after it was removed?

Thanks.

(Doctor will be visited by the way if I deem it necessary)
    If you're getting cold sores, you have the herpes virus and that has nothing to do with Mirena, though the change in hormones might cause them to come out, I suppose.

I had mine out in September and immediately had a period. Then I didn't have a period at all in October. However, I started the pill the same day I had the Mirena out, so my hormones were all over the place.

Then I had my tubes tied and endometrial ablation, so my periods are all messed up right now. I don't know how much that has to do with Mirena.

I did always have messed up periods every time I went off the pill in the past. It's pretty normal.
  • galooshka28
    galooshka28 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had mirena coil removed last year and it messed up my periods (I have them every 3 month now) still can't lose weight I gained and have lactating breasts (my kids are 5 and 10 y.o.)I had visited the doctor who done a blood test and it came back normal.I think it's a bit odd to still have the side effects of the coil has been removed.
  • celsner
    celsner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had my Mirena removed for having really bad side effects from having it in. It caused me to bloat, painful abdomen, acne and wait gain. It was removed and I felt better within the hour. Literally my stomach stopped hurting Practically immediately. I could wear jeans without pain for the first time in a year right away. The hormones took just a week or so to leave and clear up my skin. If you are having issues still, I'd contact your ob
  • galooshka28
    galooshka28 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. :) with the Mirena removal I gained a cyst on my left ovary.If it doesn't go away within 6 weeks than I have to go for another ultrasound appointment and they will have to deal with this.