experiencing weakness and dizzyness

Options
Was wondering what could be causing this? I have been portion controling and eating low carb. I do 20 minutes in the am and evening on the elliptical. Also 20 minutes of strength and yoga alternating days.

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? What is your TDEE and how many calories are you eating a day. That is probably the first thing to look at.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    It could be the low carb. Unless you have a medical condition, low carb is not necessary for weight loss. Use a food scale, log accurately, and you will lose.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    How low are your calories? How low are your carbs? Have you cut anything else out of your diet recently (caffeine, sugar, etc)? Are you staying hydrated? Are you eating your earned exercise calories? There are just a lot of variables involved.
  • got2bfitmom
    got2bfitmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Today I ate a poached egg on white toast with I can't believe its not butter for breakfast. For lunch I ate a shakeand bake chicken breast and hidden veggie noodles with diced tomatoes a little parmesan cheese (about a cup) . For a snack I had a 100 calorie yogurt and a clementine. So far that is it
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    That really doesn't sound like much food. What are your calorie goals for the day? Looking at your ticker you have 40 pounds or so to lose? So you should at least be able to eat around 1500 calories a day without exercise on top of that.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    eat some more sugar. Last week I couldnt complete my run because I wasnt eating enough sugar and was light headed and dizzy with zero energy. Just a thought...
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Barring any medical condition, my guess is you aren't eating/drinking enough. Without your diary open, it's hard to be sure.
  • cdn_beaver
    cdn_beaver Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If you're eating low carb you need to make sure you watch your electrolytes. Supplement sodium, magnesium, and potassium.
  • got2bfitmom
    Options
    I have been wondering all these things. If it is calories or sugar or carbs or water.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You arent eating enough as pointed sounds, like low blood sugar and maybe dehydration. Although 20 mins isnt much if you are attemtpong it whislt already weak then rather you than me. If you feel rubbish and have no energy then you cnat have a decent workout either.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    your breakfast and lunch sound alot like some of the typical ones I would have. I estimate your breakfast at 205 calories and lunch at 300 (assuming your veggie noodles are like zoodles and not real pasta) snack are at around 150 total...so you've had 650-700 calories so far today? That might be too low. I'm at 845 with breakfast and lunch and didn't do any excerise. Plus, I'm 12 years older than you and I'm only 5'3"

What do you have your lbs per week set at and your activity level?
  • kissa714
    kissa714 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    fact: carbs are your energy source. eat them! theres nothing wrong with it. you'll still lose weight as long as you're within your calorie goal. i hate the low carb trend.
  • enterdanger
    Options
    I'm not a fan either, but she actually didn't really eat low carb with the toast and the shake n bake.
  • enterdanger
    edited April 2015
    Options
    sorry, internet it acting up. deleting my double post
  • halguld
    halguld Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sodium and water will be your savior. Make sure you are getting enough sodium as this this why many people get dizzy, myself included. Sodium helps pump your blood to your body, if you are lacking it your blood may pool in your legs and not be able to get to your brain in a timely fashion especially after sitting or standing for longer periods. Give this a try, and feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions or that doesn't seem to be helping, I have a bit of background info in this department(;
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    halguld wrote: »
    Sodium and water will be your savior. Make sure you are getting enough sodium as this this why many people get dizzy, myself included. Sodium helps pump your blood to your body, if you are lacking it your blood may pool in your legs and not be able to get to your brain in a timely fashion especially after sitting or standing for longer periods. Give this a try, and feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions or that doesn't seem to be helping, I have a bit of background info in this department(;

Solid first post.

That's really where you went when it sounds like the op has only had about 700 calories?

OP, can you unlock your diary?
  • got2bfitmom
    Options
    When I say low carb I mean that I try not to eat carbs everyday like I use to. If I eat bread and shake and bake one day I wont eat it next day. I dont use my fitness pal diary because I was finding it hard to get the right calories or food I was eating. I right down my food on paper in a food journal.
  • got2bfitmom
    Options
    Write*
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Any chance at opening the diary?
  • got2bfitmom
    Options
    I dont use the diary here