need help. running=migraine

Options
maybe this sounds weird but for the past maybe 5 years i havent been able to run/jog. as soon as i start jogging within 5 mins i get a migraine but as soon as i slow down its gone. i can use an eliptical at a fast pace and not get a migraine. i had my sinus checked out and it was fine. my fiance thinks its from the force when my feet hit the ground while running. Does anyone have advice that could help me. id love to be able to go jogging. thanks

Replies

• Ivelissegmorales
    Ivelissegmorales Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one! Even when Im walking at 3 miles per hour I have it. My doctor said that it's my pulse. Usually on rest mode it is 95-99 and if I exercise and it goes over 130 I get a super strong headache. I had high pulse since i was a kid. Have you checked your pulse rate?
  • jennyaldous182
    jennyaldous182 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    no i havent. is there anything u do to help it?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a blood pressure thing. I'd talk to a doctor.
  • MARCODAMIAN
    Options
    Have you had your blood levels checked (CBC) ?
  • jennyaldous182
    Options
    i never even thought about it being blood pressure. ill def make an appointment. thanks!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Migraine? Or just a bad headache?
  • davidcliff
    davidcliff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Do you clench your teeth or fists when you run?
  • jennyaldous182
    Options
    prob more of a headache. the pain starts in my sinus like the top of my nose to my temples. im not sure if i clench my teeth never paid attention
  • jusbowers
    jusbowers Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think it could be a tension headache from how you hold your upper body whilst running rather than a migraine. (Migraine sufferer who is out for 3 days when it starts)

Shake your arms and shoulders out whilst you run, don't clench your fists, don't frown, take it easy and enjoy.

Jus