Motivators wanted!!

Options
jlima845
jlima845 Posts: 388 Member
So I used to be in great shape but then 16 hour shifts happened. I gained 40 pounds in 2 years. I peaked at 201. Now I'm at 195.I'm back in the gym and I'm "trying" to eat healthy. Feel free to add. Could use some FRIENDS for tips and advise. First question: what are some good on the go snacks that can help you feel full?

Replies

• olyzgal
    olyzgal Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm here
  • olyzgal
    olyzgal Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Snacks high in protein , and fiber helps you stay full , during he day I use protein bars
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Water.

I'm not kidding!

Often your body mistakes thirst for hunger.

Feel hungry? Have a drink first.
  • shanikrobinson
    shanikrobinson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Honestly i like to have lean meats for meals and for snacks i only drink water and milk with low fat and or high protien items. Like a simple shake or fruit and dannon oikos greek yogurt. Hope this helps.
  • kylenutter
    Options
    I agree drinking lots of water is key. I work at GNC and we sell a brand called Total Lean. They sell a variety of weight loss products. They have meal replacement protein shakes high in fiber. They are really popular people come in for them all the time. May be worth checking out.
  • foreverminexoxo
    foreverminexoxo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Shadowsan wrote: »
    Water.

I'm not kidding!

Often your body mistakes thirst for hunger.

Feel hungry? Have a drink first.

I completely agree with this! Drink water first, then if you're still hungry eat something with lots of protein.

• cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Fruit & veggies have been pretty helpful for me! Even just a banana will keep me from being hungry at least for an hour or two.
  • jlima845
    Options
    Shadowsan yeah I drink about a gallon a day. Thing is it speeds your metabolism which makes you hungrier. But yes sometimes people do eat just to eat.
  • jlima845
    Options
    Honestly i like to have lean meats for meals and for snacks i only drink water and milk with low fat and or high protien items. Like a simple shake or fruit and dannon oikos greek yogurt. Hope this helps.

I'll try out the dannon. Currently I'm eating chobani lime with the graham cracker topping. Really good stuff.
  • jlima845
    Options
    kylenutter wrote: »
    I agree drinking lots of water is key. I work at GNC and we sell a brand called Total Lean. They sell a variety of weight loss products. They have meal replacement protein shakes high in fiber. They are really popular people come in for them all the time. May be worth checking out.

I've had it one time. You guys had the pumpkin spice. Those were great man but I haven't seen them again. The chocolate is good too. I'll order soon
  • jlima845
    Options
    karla24687 wrote: »
    Fruit & veggies have been pretty helpful for me! Even just a banana will keep me from being hungry at least for an hour or two.

I love fruits for a snack. I just hate cutting them up haha
    But it's gotta get done so I will