Faltering in enthusiasm

Options
Feeling bad today. Not worked out since Sunday and today in order to get back my success was only a half hearted attempt. I did do something and I guess that is better than the last few days.

Replies

• yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bummer about the missed days, but you can start a new count today where you've missed no days (half hearted or not). Focusing on what you can't do anything about anymore won't help - focus on what you can do now.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I thought I would share some things and hopefully things won't seem so overwhelming..

Get back on track and if you need to do any of the following:

1) Set the bar LOW. Small steps. For example instead of a total loss of xx pounds, how about a 5 pound loss at a time?
    2) Practice self-compassion. It is ok to slip up and when you do, get up and brush your self off and keep following the plan.
    3) Recruit help and support... make sure you engage with family and friends and those that truly love you.
    4) Envision how you will feel when you reach your goals or just attempting the journey..
    5) You will need to step out of your comfort zone, so feel free to feel encouraged when you do step out of your comfort zone.
    6) Do not compare yourself to others or their success.
    76) Procrastination is your enemy and you will need to learn from your past mistakes or even the future ones you make.

We are all human here so it ok to ask for help getting back up if you fall down!

Since you did attempt to get back up and even if it was half hearted, it was SOMETHING.. You can improve on this each day..
  • chopsticks05
    Options
    Forgive yourself for being halfhearted- it was lots better than nothing at all! And this means your starting at 100% beginning today! Good for you!!
  • carlaerie
    carlaerie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouraging words. I will try and look at this as the 1st day and keep using this venue for support.