Lose weight through the week... Put it all back on at the weekend!

Options
Trying MFP for the third time. I can do so well throughout the week, but being young I love to go for a drink at the weekend, and end up binge eating while hungover the next day! Need some motivation and tips!
I'm from the UK :)

Replies

• ClaudiaMessenger
    ClaudiaMessenger Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I find myself doing this as well! I decided 2 weeks ago that for the next few months I just need to suck it up and not drink alcohol or binge eat for the next few months at weekends, then all I have to worry about is maintaining my weight.

I know it will have an impact on my social life but then feeling fat is having an impact on my social life!

Good luck :)
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Well, you could make the choice not to drink since you know it leads to binge eating...or at least cut back on the drinking. It's about the choices you make. Drink, binge and continue the road you are on now or cut back on the drinking. That's about it for your options.
  • johyphenannewood
    Options
    Thanks, I think you're right it's the only way I'm gonna get the results I want! :)
  • jollene12
    Options
    I'm the exact same way. Did so good a year ago lost just over 40lbs but moved out and gained back 15lbs just from bad choices on the weekend. It's a hard cycle to break :(
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    By all means go out and have a drink! Remember though, everything in moderation of course you obviously know that :)

So the next best thing would be to increase your cardio workouts to burn more calories
    1.) Swimming Tones up the body
    2.) Spinning on an indoor trainer (enough to build a sweat) will help you keep that weight at bay
    3.) Running is always a good way to stay in shape

Perhaps even increasing the amount of time spent in the gym - i.e if you are going to the gym 2-3 days a week - try going 3-4

Success is NO DAYS OFF

xoxo

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Really it's an easy fix IF you want to do it. You can get all the advice and tips on this thread, but none of it means anything if you're not willing to do it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • zombiejen22
    Options
    Go dancing I could loose 5 lbs in a weekend , fun and calorie burning!