Jillian Michaels

Options
Katrob9
Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
Ok, so, I have gotten amazing results so far with the 30 day shred and have now developed a total girl crush on Jillian Michaels! I'm finishing up the 30 Day Shred on Saturday and am starting 6 week 6 pack on Monday.

As a treat for doing so well with the 30DS I have bought myself no more trouble zones, 6 week 6 pack and boost metabolism banish fat - I think they're the only ones available in region 2 at the moment.

My question is, what do you guys think I should do, do I do 6 week 6 pack every day or do I mix it up and do a different dvd each day? Anyone got a routine they follow?

In addition to the shred I do bellydancing one class a week and walk at least 2 miles every day.

Any advice would be awesome :)

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Well, my friend borrowed my 30DS video which I had only just started doing...I want it back after hearing how well people are doing with it!
  • Lshizz
    Lshizz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love her too...I've done the shred twice now and still use it sometimes. I love no more trouble zones, I do it twice a week for strength training...I'd do a mix, keep it fresh :)
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am just amazed at your fitness the 30DS floored me, and I have shelved it in favour of being able to walk.

I would choose another DVD but go back to the 30DS once a week to make sure you still have that fitness. Then I would add another and so forth.

You will be bootilicious in no time:happy:
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.. I feel it gives me a real work out but there isn't much stregnth training in it.. so it depends what you're looking for I guess.

I have a total crush on Jillian too, she's on the Doctors today and she's going to start Co-hosting :smile:
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    I love her dvds! You should try her newest one Ripped in 30. It is set up like the Shred but its a teed bit harder and I saw amazing results in my arms and waist within the first two weeks!!

I have her BFBM and her 6W6P (which I just got done doing) I would say do alternate days of those two that way you have the cardio from BFBM to blast away the fat and then the ab strengthening and toning from 6W6P. Plus BFBM is pretty long and intense so it can get boring and hard to do daily, but it is worth throwing in your workout 3-4 days a week :)

Good luck!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I have 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30 and Shred It with Weights (for kettlebell). I alternate between all 3. I'm on Level 2 of the Shred, Week 3 of Ripped, and Level 1 of Kettlebell. Honestly, I miss Week 2 on Ripped and I'm going to Level 2 on Kettlebell tomorrow. She has a lot of similar activities in her DVDs so sometimes you get an easy day by accident by spicing it up!
  • liamria
    liamria Posts: 5
    Options
    This is great to hear, I started this a few weeks ago and was very good until I hurt my back, started again last night and hoping to continue for 30 days. Thanks for the inspiration. Did you split up the 3 workouts throughout the 30 days? I was thinking of doing them each 10 days unless I feel I can progress faster.
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    This is a schedule I copied from another thread somewhere around here, it mixes up her videos over 30 days.

I am on Level 2 of 30DS, I think day 6? 7? I'm not sure, I am skipping today because I over did it with weights yesterday at the gym and tweaked my shoulder. I just downloaded her No More Trouble Zones and the fat buster one, so I will be doing this schedule along with 3 days of HIIT at the gym, and three days of weights.

Day 1 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    Day 2 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    Day 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 4 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    Day 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    Day 6 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 7 - DAY OFF
    Day 8 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    Day 9 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    Day 10 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 11 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    Day 12 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    Day 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 14 - DAY OFF
    Day 15 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1/NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 16 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    Day 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 18 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1 AND 2
    Day 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    Day 21 - DAY OFF
    Day 22 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2 AND 1
    Day 23 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    Day 25 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES/30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    Day 26 - DAY OFF
    Day 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES/30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    Day 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM/NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2 AND LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them (except for 30DS), but I tend to get bored quickly if I'm constantly doing the same workout over and over, so I personally would mix them up.
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • liamria
    liamria Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for the schedule, I will have to check out her other videos. Keep up the good work!!!!
  • Katrob9
    Options
    This is great to hear, I started this a few weeks ago and was very good until I hurt my back, started again last night and hoping to continue for 30 days. Thanks for the inspiration. Did you split up the 3 workouts throughout the 30 days? I was thinking of doing them each 10 days unless I feel I can progress faster.

I did 10 days of each level as they work different muscles in different ways also, my fitness level was not good when I started. Getting there now though!
  • Katrob9
    Options
    This is a schedule I copied from another thread somewhere around here, it mixes up her videos over 30 days.

I am on Level 2 of 30DS, I think day 6? 7? I'm not sure, I am skipping today because I over did it with weights yesterday at the gym and tweaked my shoulder. I just downloaded her No More Trouble Zones and the fat buster one, so I will be doing this schedule along with 3 days of HIIT at the gym, and three days of weights.

Day 1 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    Day 2 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    Day 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 4 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    Day 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    Day 6 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 7 - DAY OFF
    Day 8 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    Day 9 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    Day 10 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 11 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    Day 12 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    Day 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 14 - DAY OFF
    Day 15 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1/NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 16 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    Day 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 18 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1 AND 2
    Day 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    Day 21 - DAY OFF
    Day 22 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2 AND 1
    Day 23 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    Day 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    Day 25 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES/30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    Day 26 - DAY OFF
    Day 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES/30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    Day 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM/NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2 AND LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

Thanks for the schedule, that's awesome!

I'm definitely going to mix it up and do different dvds. :)
  • Lgreenup
    Lgreenup Posts: 3
    Options
    you are doing awesome!!! i have those same dvds and it is amazing how many more calories i burn at home and not at the gym. when you walk, do you walk uphill?
  • Lgreenup
    Lgreenup Posts: 3
    Options
    you are doing awesome!!! i have those same dvds and it is amazing how many more calories i burn at home and not at the gym. when you walk, do you walk uphill?
  • Katrob9
    Options
    It is a mix up uphill, downhill and flat because I walk to/from work and also round the park by my house. I think I'm definitely more likely to exercise at home than at the gym. The shred makes me a bit sweaty redfaced mess - no-one wants to look like that in public!!
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    As you know I am into week 5 of 6week 6 pack. The way not to get bored with doing it is to start off doing the modified moves then do the advanced moves and then do the advanced moves with ankle weights. Before long it is time to go up to level 2 and you repeat the process.

I do 6 week 6 pack 4 or 5 times a week then gym twice a week. I also get in lots of walking which tends to be enough to keep me interested.

I disagree that it is just a toning tool as I sweat BUCKETS and get out of breath doing this DVD so I know it is giving me a cardio workout. On top of that, I am still losing weight.

As Jillian says "if you want a ripped mid section in six weeks you gotta work for it!"

Let me know how you get on.
  • mirapaigew
    mirapaigew Posts: 107
    Options
    I like Banish Fat Boost Metabolism better than 30DS. It's longer and makes me feel like I've actually done more. I can actually feel the burn with that one. haha