Lost weight

Options
On January 1st like others I decided to lose some excess weight, I have had some success with the Lemon, B Syrup and Water cleanse usually around 15 lbs. during the 10 day fast because all you do is drink the mix.
On or around the 9th day of January on the cleanse I checked my weight and wasn’t losing more than a lb. per day so I downloaded the App MyFitnessPal to my phone filled in all the fields with my age, weight and height etc. then the app then set me on a course to lose 2 lbs per week, I had never counted calories before to lose weight. By the way when I started I was at 230 lbs. on the 9th day of cleanse I was at 220 so I went off of the cleanse and started using the app MyFitnessPal.
I swore off of Fried foods, Fast foods, Sweets and most dairy products and began eating healthy foods some of these from a box because these all had a calorie count and nutrients in them, Foods like Lean Cuisine, Stouffers boxed meals and so on mainly the ones between 200 and 300 calories.
I did 3 meals per day and kept breakfast pretty light with 1 Egg at 80 calories, 2 strips of bacon at 40 calories, 1 piece of toast at 70 calories and a small can of V8 juice at 30 calories which doing the math came to 220 calories for breakfast. I would change this up occasionally by boiling the egg or scrambling it and adding another slice of toast and cheese to make a bacon egg and cheese sandwich the cheese adds around 50 calories.
My daily goal that was set by MyFitnessPal was 1430 Calories which was what I needed to lose 2 lbs per week which actually averaged around 2.5 lbs. per week because I came in under the daily goal occasionally.
On the 90th day of using MyFitnessPal I weighed in at 188 lbs. and started feeling good about myself. My initial goal is to reach 165 or somewhere around that. I weigh in every morning and log this into my diary with MyFitnessPal. Unless you have an ailment that keeps you from losing weight this app works great to sustain my weight when I reach my goal all I have to do is bump up the calories to 2000 per day and shouldn’t have to ride this up and down weight merry go round again.
Oh by the way I also started drinking hot tea which has 0 calories when I had an urge for a snack it quelled the urge. My total weight loss as of this writing is 42 lbs.
My biggest challenge was going out to eat and trying to figure the total calories for a meal that I ordered.

Replies

• missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Huh. Seems like you've hit on all the hot buttons of MFP. Good on ya.
  • LaceyRuth
    LaceyRuth Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Go you! Great work C:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Glad you found MFP, where you learn a more sustainable way to weight loss.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Well done. And ditto L ^^
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!