What do you put in your coffee?

Options

Replies

• aggulation
    aggulation Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I'd try getting into that black realm of coffee. There are some pretty sweet flavored varieties you can try. I currently have a butter pecan flavor that's so good by itself, I actually use it as a dessert. Otherwise, perhaps try using almond milk as both a creamer and sweeter? I've never done that myself, but it seems like it'd be delicious.

Srsly, come to the dark side of coffee~ Try some lighter breakfast roasts or flavored kinds. Then you can drink all the coffee you want without the sugar/fat guilt.
  • glutenfreechic
    glutenfreechic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The coffee itself, the boiling water and trim milk if it's instant coffee or if I'm making an espresso with my coffee machine is a bit more milk, frothed, with the hot water and ground coffee. no sweetener and no full fat milk because i don't like it really creamy and i cannot stand sweetner or sugar in my coffee, ugh! As the years of coffee enjoyment go on I'm liking it stronger and darker
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i just put milk in mine. actually i usually drink espresso and foamed milk that i make myself. sooooo in love with my cappucino machine
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Protein powder and a bit of milk
  • BeginnersBootcamp
    BeginnersBootcamp Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was the same! French vanilla creamer obsessed. But since starting MFP I switched to black. Sucks at first but I invested in really good quality coffee and it makes it better. A local health store has a "natural" sugar free calorie free flavor drop thing for coffee. I may go get some tomorrow
  • phill_143
    phill_143 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    A terminology/language question I'd always wondered about (from comments on US television shows etc)...
    When people say 'coffee with cream/creamer' does that really mean cream? Like whipped cream on top of the coffee? Or does 'cream' in this context actually really mean milk?

I have coffee black, if it's tasty filter coffee. Or with almond milk, if it's instant :)
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    phill_143 wrote: »
    A terminology/language question I'd always wondered about (from comments on US television shows etc)...
    When people say 'coffee with cream/creamer' does that really mean cream? Like whipped cream on top of the coffee? Or does 'cream' in this context actually really mean milk?

I have coffee black, if it's tasty filter coffee. Or with almond milk, if it's instant :)

In my experience, "cream" in this context means anything dairy (or non-dairy substitutes) that's available. So, at an office and someone gets a coffee from the breakroom and asks if you want cream? They may be asking if you'd like a little package of non-dairy creamer, or half-and-half, or milk of whatever fat content is available. Similarly, "sugar" could mean any sort of sugar substitute. "How do you take your coffee?" "Cream and sugar, please" = some white liquid and something to sweeten it.

• 1mama2molly
    1mama2molly Posts: 14 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I like to put honey in my coffe with tspn creamer
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Six pumps of coffee mate and sometimes 2 packets of sugar. I go to Starbucks most of the time though, so having pure coffee is rare for me. That is what I do when I have it though. I don't usually have it at Starbucks.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Coffee-mate.
    Ya, I know it's nutritionally not so great.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    The tears of my enemies.

And booze.
  • deathninja82
    deathninja82 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    More coffee, nothing gets between me and my stimulants.
  • bianca_gardiner
    bianca_gardiner Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I switched to black coffee a couple years ago because the place I worked never had milk or sugar handy but had plenty free coffee. I've never looked back. I still order a latte or a mocha every now and again when I'm going to a coffee shop, but I drink black coffee daily. Once you do it for a few days, milky, sugary coffee will taste like drinking melted ice cream that's been heated in a microwave.
  • vschwgrt1
    vschwgrt1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    once I read the ingredients in coffee mate like creamers and figured out the calories were more than half and half I gave it up forever (what is all that stuff, it certainly isn't food). With some splenda or stivia or the bottled sugar free flavorings. of coarse that isn't food either.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Coffee and water
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    The tears of my enemies.

And booze.

Booze! We all forgot about this!

In all seriousness, a few drops of Vodka or Whiskey or Amaretto makes a great coffee ♥
  • x_tina324
    x_tina324 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Melaleuca chocolate GC control shake mix.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I put coffee in my hot milk usually! Other times I put milk in my coffee. Occassionaly I put whey + milk in my coffee.

• infinitysmuse
    infinitysmuse Posts: 68 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Took me a while to get off the blue stuff, but i switched to stevia, and it only took a few days before i realized i dont like any other sweetners anymore. And i lighten mine with skim milk, since id rather eat than drink my calories
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Took me a while to get off the blue stuff, but i switched to stevia, and it only took a few days before i realized i dont like any other sweetners anymore. And i lighten mine with skim milk, since id rather eat than drink my calories