need work out system to start with

Options
I'm 31 and I weighed in at 307.2 lbs I want to work this down but how should I start this and what is a good work out system that I can start slow with and work my way up with

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Start by logging everything you eat. I recommend using a food scale for all solids, measuring cups for all liquids. The more accurate your diary the better results you'll see. Don't stress in the beginning about making big changes or anything - just work on the logging and then you'll see where you can make modifications in your eating habits.

For workouts - I'd probably start with walking if you aren't use to exercise.

• galaxie_gurl
    galaxie_gurl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    First of all I want to say congratulations on making the decision to make a change!! That's exciting on its own!
    As for systems that could help I have a couple of ideas and if your interested you can add me as a friend and we can discuss them :)
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and I weighed in at 307.2 lbs I want to work this down but how should I start this and what is a good work out system that I can start slow with and work my way up with

Eat fewer calories than you burn. Easy game really.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    You don't need a system--just move. Keeping adding time, new goals and new exercises.

When I started at 300 pounds, swimming was where I began. I was inactive for several years due to severe illness. Swimming is good to avoid injury--the water supports you and you don't even sweat. Plus you can also go at your own pace. As a very competitive former athlete, I need to start out in the pool alone so that I didn't have anyone to challenge except myself.

From there I added walking, then weight lifting, then cardio dance, setting new goals within each activity all the time.

Just start. You don't have to have a terribly specific or concrete plan.