Turn my fluff into tuff!

Options
Hi there! My name is McKenzie. I've had an account with MFP for some time but never seriously used it. When I first joined I was at an ideal weight of around 130lbs. However, since then, I have put on some weight and now weigh about 165lbs. Standing at 5'4" that puts me overweight.

I currently work at a call center where I'm sitting at a desk for about 7 hours of my day. That with really bad eating habits - such as under-eating (typically consuming around 400-600 calories a day), not watching what I ate and eating junk has all attributed to my current weight.

These are my goals:
-Eat at least 1,000-1,300 calories a day.
-Drink at least 4 cups of water a day (but aim for 8).
-Exercise at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes (but aim for 5).
-Log and track my nutrition with MFP every single day.
-Start weight training at a novice level - lose fat & gain lean muscle.

I'm currently overthrowing my bad health habits and trying to work towards a healthier lifestyle because as I am now, I feel both mentally and physically awful and it certainly reflects in other facets of my life. My metabolism is absolutely terrible and I can guarantee with my lack of activity and low calorie consumption that I have all but burned away lots of lean muscle!

The world of health and fitness is rather alien to me, so any help from others - whether it be support or tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Replies