Looking for Friends :-)

Options
Hey guys! I've just joined back on MFP under a new profile and am looking for some new friends.
I am so happy I've found a Crossfit group too!! CF is my new found passion and I have been doing it for 4 months :)

Bit of background on me - I was on MFP ages ago (like 4 years ago) tracked calories religiously and restricted a lot! I did lots of cardio and some weight training, saw results but had zero energy and was very depleted all the time. NOT HEALTHY!

As I've matured my approach to health and fitness has changed drastically.

When I started Crossfit I decided to do it all at once and went into full on Paleo mode!! I didn't want to have to count calories! Whilst I felt great and had plenty of energy I was over eating on clean food & treating it a lot like Atkins (I soon learnt you can't eat as many sweet potatoes, chicken and bananas as you want!!). Even still with all my eating and calorie surpluses I must have had I only had a slight weight gain.
If I had carried on like that I am sure I would have gained more weight given muscle gains with CF too.

I decided I needed structure with my eating as I do with most things in life.
So i decided to give MFP a go again and see how I got on with Crossfit training plus watching calories and being a little bit more relaxed about what I eat but still eating healthy, clean food.
RESULT :) !!!
I have lost just over 1kg in the last month and retained muscle. I only plan to lose another 1 - 2 kg maximum and then my plan will be to gain muscle and lose fat. I have never done body fat tests etc and would be quite interested to give that a go in say another 3 months.

Anyway I am rambling on a bit now but in a nutshell I am looking for healthy, like minded people to network with online o:)

Looking to learn from others and also share what I have learnt too as I have probably been on every diet possible and have finally found my happy place :smiley:

***My stats are***

Height: 168cm
Weight: 59.5kg
Favourite food: Ribeye Steaks and roast potatoes!!
My weakness: Red wine

Replies

• navaneeth95
    navaneeth95 Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How do you not loose muscle when you are loosing weight
  • esskay247
    esskay247 Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow your "Article" is great. :p
    Would love to know about your experiences with CF and appreciate some motivation for myself too.
    Welcome back to MFP.. hope you get what you are looking for.
    Add me if you like @ esskay247
  • GabriellaVioletta
    GabriellaVioletta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How do you not loose muscle when you are loosing weight

This article is interesting and explains it but in a nut shell I was eating too many calories for my body as it was so when I reduced them initially i went back to normal calories (based on body Masal rate) and also made sure I had enough protein. My weight loss was also very steady, not fast at all. 2lbs in 5 weeks.
    But yes, there is a risk of losing muscle mass when trying to cut fat which is why I am quite keen to do The body fat percentage tests as the scale doesn't really tell you these things!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek88.htm

• dilts36
    dilts36 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hahaha! Your weakness and strength seems quite normal... for me. Good luck with your adventures!
  • adamcook401
    adamcook401 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Guys I need help losing weight and bulking up any tips ?
  • lucytyrrell15
    lucytyrrell15 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for sharing you're story. I feel like I'm in a similar situation to you 4 years ago. I do a lot of exercise and restricting calories but have found fat loss has stalled a little. Be really interesting to see what others regimes are like so I can learn and get the fat loss engine burning again. Add me if you like :)
  • Cimmkar
    Cimmkar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have found the right balance. Always happy to have motivational friends.