Looking for 1250 Calorie Peeps

Options
Hi guys, I've been told by fitness Pal to stick to 1250 calories per day and I'm struggling at the,moment...it was estimated so I could lose 1b a week x So I don't think its that unrealistic. I have also lost quite a bit in the past doing this plan...although now I'm getting fed up of exercising just so I can eat more! Please help!

Replies

• tallis_a
    tallis_a Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi sarah. I am new to fitnesspal, just joined in mid march. I am trying to lose 1kg a week, about 2.2 lbs and I have to stick to 1200 calories a day. some days are harder than others. I exceed on the weekends but under on weekdays. So my weight loss has been yo-yoing and its quite frustrating. my strategy to keep under the calorie count is to eat cereal for breakfast and grilled or roasted stuff rather than fried for lunch and dinner. Have substituted sweets for apple slices with salt. and plain water all the way. I dont do much excercise though, mostly walking to lunch at the office and carrying my son around malls
  • prissypen
    Options
    Hi Sarah! I'm also doing 1250 calories. Sometimes seeing what others eat gives ideas so feel free to add me as a friend if you like. It's so cliche but it really is a lifestyle change, but it's not easy I know. Baby steps. The exercise does help, even just a walk, try to find something you enjoy. Good luck on your journey, you can do this!
  • clairabellle
    clairabellle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah, I'm available as if you need any more moral support :)
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I think I'm set at 1280 but I'm not losing a pound a week. I do exercise almost daily because...I LOVE TO EAT!!!! Let's me eat a bit more. My diary is open if you want to take a look, just to let you know, not a lot of variation. Most important part....it's working. I'm down 90 pounds! !!!!
  • weehah
    weehah Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo a 1250-girl, too, and some days are tougher than others! If I want to feel at ALL like I can have the tiniest bit of freedom in my day, I have to work out, for sure. Avocado makes me feel much more satisfied but then . . . that takes away hundreds of calories. It's quite a lifestyle!
  • Parkercomom
    Parkercomom Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am at 1270 calories per day. I have 90 pounds to lose and I have lost 10 since I started 3 weeks ago. I started walking a minimum of 2 miles a day last week. Seems to be working well so far. We can do this!!
  • GabriellaVioletta
    GabriellaVioletta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am at 1200 a day and eat back exercise calories which is usually about an extra 650 cals.
    I have been following the above for about 5 weeks now and have lost 2lbs so very steady. I am in no rush and also enjoy a glass of wine or 3 on the weekends. I also don't count calories on weekends but watch my portions and try make healthy choices when out. I don't have a massively sweet tooth which helps but the journey is not a quick one. Be persistent and positive!
  • Lorna2211
    Lorna2211 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I've just started and am also on 1200 calories which is tough! I swim 3 times a week and try to do some walking or a bike ride too. I need to loose about 5-6 stone but my first goal is 3 so I've got quite a challenge ahead. I've never used this app before so want to know if it really does help you loose weight if you stick to the calorie goals? :)
  • g0g3tt4
    g0g3tt4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Today's My First Day And I'm A Little Nervous Because I'm Always Working So Its Always Just Easier To Order Out I'm Normally Working 12-16 Hours A Day My Goal Is To Lose 2.2 A Week If Not More But I Get Last At Times And Don't Feel Like Going To The Gym Any Advice.?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Here's a 1250 calorie peep!

4458441796_47fa92bc49_o.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Here's a 1250 calorie peep!

4458441796_47fa92bc49_o.jpg

I'd totally eat that.
  • bekka325
    bekka325 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been on 1200 calories for a 18 day streak now, i walk 7km everyday of the week and have lost 4.5 kilos. I just eat the weight watchers frozen meals from the supermarket, its so much easier to control my calories as they are calorie controlled. Also i allow myself an atkins milk chocolate bar everyday, they only have 142 calories in them, they taste like regular chocolate much better than you would imagine and help me from going on a sugar splurge :)
  • Avia16
    Avia16 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm at 1,200/day.
    I'm a MFP member of a few years now. I go on and off the profile, but I try to stick with it. It helps having friends to support and see what they are going through as well.
    -Ang
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about doing 1200 calories. I like to eat as well and exercise at least 1 hour a day sometimes longer. My problem is I eat back too many of my exercise calories. I am trying to lose 30 pounds and it is going super slowly but i know this is because I am not burning off more than I take it. So I am going to try to stick with the 1200 and see how it works. MFP has me at 1390.
  • TinyMilkGoddess
    TinyMilkGoddess Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hullo! :D MFP has put me at 1600 but I am aiming for 1200-1400 a day. I have 100+ lbs to lose, so a long way to go but i'm kicking *kitten* so far. :smiley: hugs to you!