Water only challenge!!!

Options
alecta337
alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
Hey guys,

I was just thinking... I think the only thing I drank today was water. I was wondering if anyone out there wants to join me in a water only challenge. The only thing you can drink is water. And I guess it would just be crazy to prevent people from drinking their caffeine if they need it. So challenge to only drink water + coffee (or whatever caffeine you consume).

Just wanted to know if anyone else was interested in this.. I'm starting tomorrow!!! Only water and Monster Absolute Zero for me! Lets see how long we can last!

Replies

• PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    I have been doing just that (with the all natural fruit juice caffeine energy drink thing in the morning) for a week now and I feel great! Seltzer water is also very helpful..I add fresh citrus slices!
  • reggie0126
    Options
    drink water only no food ?im in
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    sure!! ill give it a go thats normally all i drink besides my hottea but sometimes i have a coke zero...how long is this challenge supposed to last??
  • CassieWest
    Options
    Im down! but i gotta have my a.m. coffee :) but only H2o after that. It's funny i was just thinking that i need to drink more water lol
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I don't know how long its going to last. I have never done a challenge before, I was just going to challenge myself to see how long I could go...

And of course eat food normally =P

This is just trying to cut down on calories and sugar from drinks
  • ineednapkin
    ineednapkin Posts: 151
    Options
    Totally in!!!! :) I have been doing this for a little while, I only drink water and the occasional tea when I would like some flavor :) I am currently deployed and trying to stay hydrated so I'm trying to average 3 liters of water a day.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Well I dont know if I qualify by your rules but I only drink water through the day and have a coke as a snack at night. I usually don't finish the coke and I used to have 8 - 10 cokes a day!
  • she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Options
    I'm in! I was doing so well sticking to water (and getting enough of it), but lately I've been straying. I'll probably drink some hot tea, too--but since the tea I drink has 0 cals and 0 sugar, I think I'm good.

:)
  • Tick47
    Tick47 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking just water for a couple of weeks, except I do have my coffee.:smile:
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    Great challenge....I only drink water and it has been great for my body.
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm in girlfriend!

I'm going to do only water + healthy juice!
  • reggie0126
    Options
    im in all i drink is water it is filling my dr told me no juice or pop
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've been doing this for years, do I win the challenge?

Just to offer some encouragement, it's amazing how soon you don't even miss the other stuff you used to drink. Water is all your body needs to drink, cutting out other liquids sort of 'resets' your body back to craving what it's supposed to crave. For want of a more sciency answer. Coffee is great too, I love that. And the occasional diet coke if I'm in a drinking establishment.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,064 Member
    Options
    alecta337 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I was just thinking... I think the only thing I drank today was water. I was wondering if anyone out there wants to join me in a water only challenge. The only thing you can drink is water. And I guess it would just be crazy to prevent people from drinking their caffeine if they need it. So challenge to only drink water + coffee (or whatever caffeine you consume).

Just wanted to know if anyone else was interested in this.. I'm starting tomorrow!!! Only water and Monster Absolute Zero for me! Lets see how long we can last!

Are you just suggesting that we can drink anything we want as long as it does not have sugar in it?

If so, I've been doing that almost consistently since 1988.

Back then, I quit drinking all sugared beverages ... and lost 5 lb. I was still drinking the same amount, just that none of it contained sugar. I liked that so much I've stuck with that for the last 27 years ... except for a few odd occasions here and there.

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    One person's challenge is another one's normal. A good lesson to put things in perspective. My normal is water & black coffee for quite some time now.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Beer is mostly water. Beer counts right?
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Besides coffee in the mornings, all I drink during the day is water. I haven't had a soda or anything else in months. I appreciate your challenge for everyone; it's great to challenge yourself in a healthy way. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I was going to say that I already do this naturally. But then I forgot about wine..and whiskey..and beer. So, no thank you.
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    One person's challenge is another one's normal. A good lesson to put things in perspective. My normal is water & black coffee for quite some time now.

It's true, I drink only water and one 10oz cup of coffee a day with two int'l delight creamers and 6 drops of stevia. I was never a huge soda drinker to begin with so I don't think its been that much of a drastic change for me over the last few years. I cut alcohol out due to medical reasons several months ago but even then that was an occasional glass or two of red wine.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    Beer is mostly water. Beer counts right?

Yes! Vodka is mostly water too!