Looking for diet/accountability partners

Options
I'm looking for a diet buddy/buddies to help keep me accountable. I get on the message board occassionally, but do most of my interacting through the iPhone app. Anyone interested?

I'm 4 weeks post partum and bfing. I've lost 40 lbs since I gave birth, but have 15 more to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, but want to lost 15 more after that. I'm keeping my calories under 1500 and focusing on eating real foods that I really want instead of forcing myself to eat diet food. Portion control is my main focus. I'm following the guidelines of the book Naturally Thin by Bethenney Frankel.

I'm just looking to add some friends that can help keep me focused and motivated!

Please send me a friend request if you are interested!
Thanks!

Replies

• weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelley,
    I'm also trying stay motivated. My weight loss goal is 40 lbs! I am also trying to eat my real foods and add my whole grains and get rid of the junk. I haven't heard of the book Naturally Thin, but I may check it out. I usually use this app on my Iphone also, but will get online occassionally during my lunch hour.

Congrats on losing 40 lbs, that is awesome!

If I can figure out how to add friends, I will add you. Hopefully, we can keep each other motivated and maybe with others too!

Are you doing any kind of workout or walking?

Kathi
  • mel4395
    mel4395 Posts: 18
    Options
    Count me in!
  • oukii
    oukii Posts: 8
    Options
    HI, Yes please add me. I have 25lbs to lose. let's motivate together. i too am on the iphone. Nice to meet you! P.s I am also new here.
  • RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have much more weight to lose then you gals but Im in, I can always use some motivation and some support. I have 44lbs to lose (to start) lol

I have been doing well tracking but not losing weight. I work out and eat fairly good (much better in relation to where I started) but could always improve.
  • svarble
    svarble Posts: 15
    Options
    I would also love to join! I have about 14lbs to lose. I have a 9 month old and have lost all but 4lbs of my baby weight gain. I started my "diet" yesterday. I had surgery on my foot last week, so no cardio for a while. I do however plan on doing ab exercises. I also have some dumbbells at home and can start working on my arms. I have always been up and down with my weight. I would love to lose this last bit and really focus on running and toning up.
  • grahamckas88
    grahamckas88 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Count me in, too! I just joined MFP about a week ago and already I'm starting to lose my motivation. I need a support group. I have 15 pounds to lose and want to do it the healthy way by cutting out most sweets, portion control and excercising.
  • shelleyann1976
    shelleyann1976 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm not working out yet. I had a c-section so I have to wait until my 6 week checkup, but I plan on walking, doing the Gazelle trainer and light weights. Can't wait to get back to working out. Thanks for the add!
  • bwyne03
    bwyne03 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I am focusing more on portion control right now too rather than 'diet food'. I just can't choke down chicken every single day! I think about it too much and it literally makes me gag :tongue: I'm going to look for Bethany Frankel's book as well!!