I need help toning specific problem ares.

Options
No matter how hard I try, there are problems areas I just can't seem to burn fat off and tone! It sticks to me! Places like above my elbows, my ankles, under my chin and on my hips! I exercise regularly (cardio and strength).. I eat moderately healthily I just can't seem to pin point these areas! Has anybody got any exercise tips for these areas specifically? It would really help, thanks!
Connie x

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Your elbows?

You can't spot reduce fat. If that is you in the avatar, I'd say just keep up with your cardio and strength routine. You look great. I am certain that your elbow and ankle fat is minimal and it is a matter of being harsher on yourself than you would be on others.
  • connieculmer235
    Options
    My body is okay, I meant targeting problem areas like you'd do sit ups to tone and strengthen your core muscles, I was just wondering if anybody knew any specific exercises to tone my arms! When I stand up and put my arm flat, where they're quite flabby, the fat from my arm hangs over my elbow, it's not major but it's noticeable!
    Thanks anyways though! X
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Well, you can't tone your elbow, if that's what you are asking.

You can strengthen your triceps and lose body fat all over (in case you indeed have hanging layers of fat over your elbow)

But no, you can't "tone" a body joint. (So, same goes for your ankle)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce and yes there are muscles above your elbows...tricep...

But doing exercises to target specific muscles won't make the fat disappear you will just have worked the muscle under the fat.

You just have to lose fat every where...but based on your profile pic you are seeing something that isn't there...
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, you need to lower your overall bodyfat %
  • connieculmer235
    Options
    Can you attach pictures to these posts?
  • connieculmer235
    Options
    You guys are making me sound so stupid haha I'm definitely no a fitness expert, that's why I'm here haha
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    simple answer: lift weights and add muscle. Muscle isn't flabby, it's solid, and will firm up your skin if you have more of it underneath that skin.