Lettuce help

Options
Does anyone know how to get the chemical smell taste out of Romaine Lettuce? I wash and wash and wash it but I can still taste and smell all that crap? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• janetdimples
    janetdimples Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it!! HA!!:flowerforyou:
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Buy organic? They don't use those pesticides or chemicals on organic veggies.
  • GingerDarlene
    GingerDarlene Posts: 164
    Options
    are you buying the bag romaine?
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Buy organic/grow it yourself depending on where you live.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if something like lettuce tastes like chemicals id return it to the place you bought it and buy a bag of organic or another brand!!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    buy romaine hearts instead of th lettuce itself. They taste mush sweeter and you actually get more salalds from the hearts.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Grab some seeds and plant some, I've got some growing on my table right now, will sometime this week be going outside to the garden and making room for the next round of seeds to be planted :)
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I think the answer that everyone telling you to buy organic or return it or grow your own, is trying to give to your original questions, is: I don't know.

But I agre with them, if it can't be washed off. Get rid of it. :flowerforyou:
  • choughton01
    choughton01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. To answer some questions yes it comes in a bag of 3 heads. I will try the organic. I think some of the problem is that I'm trying to eat healthier and I'm including lettuce a lot more then ever before and I have really good taste buds. I'm thinking that I'm eating so much lettuce that the smell/taste is starting to annoy me. My husband doesn't seem to recognize the taste I'm complaining about so who knows, but I will be trying organic.