5ft girls help

Options
jodes18
jodes18 Posts: 16 Member
Any 5ft girls out there weighing 140-150lbs? im 144 and i want to know if anybodys been sucessful netting around 1500? i exercise about 400 calories a day but can never stick to 1200 thinking about doing 30 day shred too xx

Replies

• spunkyabroad
    spunkyabroad Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 151 cm which is just under five feet. I'm at 61.2 kgs or 135 lbs. I started at 91.2 kgs (201 lbs) in May 2014. I've been under 1200 calories for months now and it's going well. Everyone is different, but for me it really helped to cut out sweets and really limit carbs that don't come from vegetables. I have a sweet tooth and I simply can't eat cookies and baked goods in moderation. Cutting them out completely and living through what felt like withdrawal for the first week really helped break my cravings for them. Now I only crave sweets during my period and I am better able to handle a small serving of something or abstain altogether.

Losing weight is mostly diet. You just have to figure out what works for you to curb your appetite to allow you to comfortably eat at a calorie deficit.

You can do it!
  • spunkyabroad
    Options
    Forgot to add I've lost 66 lbs without exercise. I have had some medical issues and can't exercise other than walking. I can't wait to get better and build some muscle, but you can lose weight without exercise.
  • KelseyVawter
    KelseyVawter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 155lbs. I am kind of in between the two of you. I had knee surgery in December and definitely gained weight from not being able to work out. Now I am pretty limited as to what I can do so I usually ride the stationary bike for a minimum of 45 min per day then try and do weight on my upper body.

I have the hardest time staying under the 1200 mark! I had an apple for breakfast, a 6oz filet and grilled veggies for lunch, and am making lemon chicken for dinner but if I eat any sides or have a glass of wine it will push me over the mark. I really don't want to have just chicken and water for dinner but I don't want a dry salad on the side either.
  • cattitude123
    cattitude123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello! Im 5' .05", and I eat 1400-1600 cals a day, and I also exercise around 400 cals worth, I have lost 50 lbs with diet and exercise, and occaisonally, I do have a cheat day to keep myself sane, but have the determination to go back to the plan, I weigh 143 lbs, 20 to go! Good luck, it is very doable.
  • kokorae
    kokorae Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 at 154, goal is 130 and I've been more successful at 1400-1500 (in ketosis) than ever going above or below those amounts, no matter the amount of exercise I have done.
  • jodes18
    Options
    Hello! Im 5' .05", and I eat 1400-1600 cals a day, and I also exercise around 400 cals worth, I have lost 50 lbs with diet and exercise, and occaisonally, I do have a cheat day to keep myself sane, but have the determination to go back to the plan, I weigh 143 lbs, 20 to go! Good luck, it is very doable.

Oh that's amazing well done! do you eat back your exercise cals or are you netting at 1400-500? i guess everybody's different ive never tried doing more than 1200 just always seem to fall off
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have to say that when I was following a strict 1200-1400 cal plan, I did lose weight, without exercising too. I went from 146 to 120 (I am 5'0") when I was 24-25 years old. I was majorly fat though even though I was skinny. Now, I'm at 158 trying to desperately just get rid of fat (not so much focusing on weight, since I know that will just happen simultaneously) so my goals are around 1400-1500, but I am having a hard time sticking to this due to social pressures. I usually come in around 1800 net a week (according to MFP on the weekly average screen).
  • spunkyabroad
    Options
    kokorae wrote: »
    I'm 5'0 at 154, goal is 130 and I've been more successful at 1400-1500 (in ketosis) than ever going above or below those amounts, no matter the amount of exercise I have done.

Hey! Fellow keto girl here, I'm under five feet and 135. I love keto because it lets me feel full and I can get plenty of nutrition at the level I need to lose weight. I could never stick to anywhere near a deficit eating pasta and bread and my downfall, pastries.
  • cattitude123
    cattitude123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do build the exercise into the "eat back", I have found my body likes its calories, and being diabetic, I have discovered to really cut back makes me tired and lethargic.
  • jodes18
    Options
    Thanks everybody going to try with a net of 1380'
  • taraphannaford
    taraphannaford Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1. When I started MFP I weighed around 160lbs and I now way around 144lbs. I exercise daily. Sometimes I only burn around 200 cals in exercise a day most of the time it's more. I also breastfeed so I have to calculate a little more in for that. I usually eat in between 1300-1700 everyday. If I wasn't breastfeeding I'd probably keep it between 1300-1500. Good luck! Add me if you'd like
  • MadtownMadisonian
    MadtownMadisonian Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2.5", started 272 now at 216 on way (one hopes) to 140. I set my goal at 1350 and do not "eat back" exercise, especially because my life is more sedentary than it should be. For what it is worth, I have found it pretty manageable with an emphasis on lean protein and vegetables, with high fiber fruit for sweets. Typical day will have hard boiled eggs for breakfast, or greek yogurt (plain) or cottage cheese. Lunch is usually a salad and vegetable soup. Dinner is a lot of greens and a 6 oz piece of fish. Snacks are an apple, some diet hot chocolate, berries. Sometimes some nuts during day if I get hungry. I skip the wine except on special occasions. I skip the salad dressing or just use a little. I skip the breads. Pretty much stopped eating meat or poultry (except sometimes a little chicken on the salad) in favor of fish. Overall I think the key for me has been the introduction of way way more salad and steamed vegetables (Birds Eye Steamfresh has been incredibly convenient). I have so far to go, it feels like emptying the ocean with a teaspoon, but I do have to say that even with the limited loss I've had so far, I find I'm walking up stairs easier, I'm sleeping better, and I'm feeling smugly righteous because of all the old clothes I am giving away to charity.
  • funsizeme2
    funsizeme2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'1" and just starting out. I usually don't eat until around 1pm because I don't feel hungry (I guess you can call that intermittent fasting). I found I was eating to much protein when hungry and needed to increase my fats to keep me full longer.
  • PlumpKitten
    PlumpKitten Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1". I was 160 lbs after my second child more than a year ago, and 138 now. When I was actively cutting weight, I had to net 1200 calories -- meaning either eat that low, or "earn back" my calories with exercise. If you're about the same size and eating 1500 calories a day, you'll have to work off 300, which really means daily cardio.

Now I am plateauing - on purpose -- and working on toning and building muscle for a while. So I am back up to eating 1500 and doing weights. My weight is the same, but I've lost 1-2" off my waist.

After a while, when I like getting on the 1200 calorie regime again, I will go back to cutting until I get down to 120-something pounds.

Yes, it sucks. But petite women who want to lose fat have little margin for error when it comes to calories. Even at 1300 or 1400 calories net a day, I basically plateau.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!